F@H SMP on Vista problems

DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
edited September 2007 in Folding@Home
Anyone tried it yet? I'm getting socket errors when installing Folding@Home Windows SMP Client.exe and getting errors while extracting the core.

I've got both local and domain admin rights on my account, Vista Ultimate OEM, 2gb ram and a CD 1.83GHz. I ran it fine when I had XP Pro on here.

Comments

• SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited September 2007
    You have to turn off UAC when installing FAH and it usually has to be the god admin account.
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited September 2007
    Also, check this guide out! :)
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Followed it and it got rid of the socket connection errors but I'm still having issues with it downloading the core.
    I get downloading core, verifying core, signature is valid, error, couldn't open file, error, could not extract core.
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited September 2007
    Please post the complete Fahlog.txt

There is an alternative way to get th fah_core file, by downloading it manually. I saw it somewhere...

EDIT: Found it here!!
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited September 2007
    Did you disable the UAC? Recheck the settings- it doesn't sound like it and is still an issue.

Reference Link
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited September 2007
    Please post the complete Fahlog.txt

There is an alternative way to get th fah_core file, by downloading it manually. I saw it somewhere...
    Come on ya knows it is the fahwiki
    http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Downloading_FAH_Core_files_manually
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited September 2007
    Actually, I may have found it (your UAC is probably out of the picture). If your log is like in the following:

Where are your directories?
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I thought I turned off UAC but must have said no, I don't want to turn it off.

Double checked that, killed it and restarted. It's using the core I manually downloaded and now it's crunching away on a 2653.

I followed the wiki guide that recommended installing it under the Administrator account, not just an account with admin privelages, then logged off from Administrator and logged on as my user.

Thanks for the help guys.