Can't Get into Windows

V-PV-P State College, PA Member
edited September 2007 in Hardware
I can't get into windows because it keeps saying that i have not activated my installation. I've had this installed for almost 3-4 months now, and for the past few days it's been telling me I have to activate Windows, then when I click OK to go activate it, it says it's already been activated. Today, however, it won't let me log in at all, even after it tells me I've activated windows, it logs me out automatically, and I can't do anything. I really need this computer to work right now since all my stuff for school is on it.

Any help is appreciated. Please try to help ASAP.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    first question:

is this a legitimate copy of windows?
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited September 2007
    first question:

is this a legitimate copy of windows?

Yes it's legit. The problems started after I installed a USB Wireless card from Linksys. My login screen is no longer the xp Screen, it looks like the 98 login except with the xp visual style... It also won't stop standing by when i close the lid even though I keep changing the setting in the power settings.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Try the phone activation. Call the Microsoft activation hotline and tell them what your problem is.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited September 2007
    Try the phone activation. Call the Microsoft activation hotline and tell them what your problem is.

After and hour on the phone with at least three outsourced reps, I finally got the issue straightened out. Basically, I had to go into safe mode, reset the timer for activation through reg edit, and that would allow me to login and re-activate Windows. Thanks Prime.