edited October 2007 in Hardware
3Dpremium soundon-board?

or

Bult in AC 97 sound?

Sniper

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    They're basically the same thing. Neither of them are very good.
  • edited September 2007
    This is on a laptop computer.
    Thanks, for your help so I know that I cant base my choice on which computer to get by that.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    All laptops come with crappy on-board AC'97 codecs or the new "Hi-Def" (read - exactly the same software audio) chips.

Laptop choices should be made mainly on the Processor, RAM, Graphics card (this is the main thing that effects the choice) and screen. Of course making sure it's got the small things you want is important too.
  • edited September 2007
    Like the CD drive and the amount of USB ports.

All those other things that you listed are exactly the same between the two laptops.

Sniper
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
  • edited September 2007
    I read it thanks for the Info, I think I found the perfect computer for what I want.

Case ( Battalion 101 LX775 17" WSXGA+ 1680X1050 Widescreen LCD TFT Notebook w/Li-ion 6 cells battery, Universal AC Power Adapter )
    Processor ( [New !!!] Intel® Core 2 Duo Mobile T7700 Dual-Core Processor (2x 2.4GHz/4MB Cache/800FSB) )
    Free Software/Game ( Free Games - [Age of Empires III] and [Rise Of Nations: Rise Of Legend] must purchase with AMD Athlon 64 X2/Mobile AMD Turion 64/Turion 64 X2 Processor based system )
    Free Software/Game ( [Free] iBUYPOWER T-Shirt with AMD 64 X2 Logo on front and back with Archlord Game Graphic --- $19.99 value )
    Memory ( 4096MB(2048MB X2) DDR2-667 PC5300 [Notebook Memory] Corsair Value or Major Brand )
    Video Card ( Mobility 512MB NVIDIA GeForce GO 8600GT PCI-Express 3D Video)
    Hard Drive ( 160 GB 7200rpm Serial-ATA-150 Super Slim Notebook Hard Drive )
    External Hard Drives [USB 2.0/eSATA] ( None )
    CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( 8x Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + 16x CD-R/RW Combo Drive [Battalion 101 LX775] )
    Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
    Fax Modem ( Build-in 56K V.92 Fax Modem [Notebook] )
    Network Card ( Build-in 10/100/1000 Network LAN [Notebook] )
    Mouse ( Razer Diamondback Plasma Edition Gaming Mouse )
    USB 2.0 Accessories ( Build-in 4x USB 2.0 Ports [Notebook] )
    Flash Media Reader/Writer ( Build-in 3-in-1 Media Card Reader/Writer [Notebook] )
    Extras ( External 12-In-1 USB Flash Media Card Reader/Writer )
    Extras ( Extra Li-Ion Battery [Battalion 101 LX775] )
    Carrying Case ( Free Deluxe Carrying Case )
    Operation System ( MS Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition )
    Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner ( [Special !!] MS Media Center Remote Control and Receiver )
    IEEE-1394 Fire Wire Card ( Build-in 1x IEEE-1394 Firewire Port [Notebook] )
    Video Camera ( Build-in CMOS Digital Web Video Camera 1.3Mega Pixels )
    Internal Wireless Network Adapter ( [Free !!!] Wireless 802.11 a/b/g 3945
    Wireless Network Access Point/Router ( Zonet ZSR1124WE 802.11g Cable/DSL Wireless Broadband Router w/4-Port LAN Switch includes 3dBi + 6dBi Omni-Directional Antenna for Wider Coverage(outdoor: upto 1312 ft.) )
    Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard One(1) Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )
    Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

Battalion 101 LX 775
    http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=253

Includes Shipping (To Alaska) and a 5% off the full price for
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Other than Sledgehammer, I don't know of anyone that has a custom laptop. Everyone else has a Dell, Gateway, Sony, Toshiba, IBM, or Apple. I'd be interested in hearing how you like your laptop. ;)
  • edited September 2007
    Ill post on here somewhere, what FPS I get on games like BF1942, DCF mod for BF1942, BF2, Need for speed-Most wanted, and NFS-Carbon. once I get my laptop. Im waiting on some checks tho for the work Ive been doing through the summer. They should be here by the end of this month so I should get my laptop by about a week into next month. You can look on here what FPS I get about a week or 2 after I get my laptop.:D

Im sick of Dell computers, a laptop set-up like the one I'm getting on Ibuypower, if you were to get it from Dell it would cost 2x as much.:(
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    That would be great!!! :thumbsup:
    edited September 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Other than Sledgehammer, I don't know of anyone that has a custom laptop. Everyone else has a Dell, Gateway, Sony, Toshiba, IBM, or Apple. I'd be interested in hearing how you like your laptop. ;)

The laptop that I just bought (best price/performance for around £700) was an Asus. Far better spec than the Dell I was looking at and cost less. I was quite impressed.
  • edited September 2007
    The problem I have with the Asus is you cant really custom build them like you can the IBUYPOWER computer.
    edited September 2007
    The problem I have with the Asus is you cant really custom build them like you can the IBUYPOWER computer.

They have a different model for every possible taste, you just pick the one that fits (which is why you have lots of model numbers that are similar).
  • edited September 2007
    i didnt see any that had XP media Center edition, that had a remote with it, and I dont have a taste for windows Vista with all the bad things Ive heard about it.
  • VicarVicar Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Vista is not so bad depends on what you are using it for. I run both XP and vista with no probs.
  • edited September 2007
    I have many games that Ive heard dont like to run on Vista and other programs.
    edited September 2007
    I have many games that Ive heard dont like to run on Vista and other programs.

So just format and install the OS you do want to use...
  • edited September 2007
    I think Ill stick with the computer that I set-up from Ibuypower that comes stock with XP, so I dont have to hassle with my computer in the first week when Im wanting to swap my files from this computer to my other one.

If I got a computer with Vista, id have to buy windows media center 2005 edition and a controller, which I wont have to do if I just buy the computer with those options already.
  • edited October 2007
    If you want to see the FPS's I get with my new computer check here http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66270

on the 27 or 28th and I should have them up by then if not just reply and ask me and Ill put them up.