Halo 3!!

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Gaming
Well!! Who has it? Went down to the local Wal-Mart and picked it up with McBain tonight. Went real quick with no problems. The rumors are true about the collectors edition Halo 3 though, they do come pre-scratched for your playing pleasure!! Apparently their fastening method wasn't sufficient for shipping. I have to go to bed but McBain is playing on it right now, we'll see if it decides it wants to lock up due to said scratches.

Guess I'm taking a long lunch tomorrow:bigggrin:

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    My roommate is getting it right now and plans on playing it through the night.

so much for sleep :/
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited September 2007
    My roommate got it and I watched him play through the first level..err..until he got stuck in the first level. Then we played some multiplayer just to mess around with the new weapons and vehicles and such. The graphics are amazing is all I can say, and some of the new vehicles and weapons are pretty cool and I'm sure will be awesome once you get mastery over them. Elephant :eek:
    He got the ultimate edition, and the helmet is pretty neat looking. We have yet to check out the 'other' disc; we'll probably do that tomorrow..got a tough test coming in less than seven hours so we decided to get some sleep.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2007
    Mmm..The temptation is almost overwhelming. Oh those of you that wasted the money on the collectors edition. Fools rush in, eh?
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Digging around, I found this. As was mentioned through another forum, there isn't really a decent history for Halo. Someone has done a fairly decent job...

http://forums.xbox.com/14748829/ShowPost.aspx
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I had to wait in line to pick up my pre order at gamestop at MIDNIGHT. there was atleast 50 people at this one but thats a lot considering we have 5 gamestops in 5 miles

AWESOME played until like 3 am

oh and the guys down here had pre scratched collectors editions too
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Any word on porting it to Vista? All the stuff I've seen makes Halo3 look really good.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    They usually wait a year or two before releasing a PC version so that they can sell more console versions.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Any word on porting it to Vista? All the stuff I've seen makes Halo3 look really good.

Coming Christmas of 2008. F bungie.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited September 2007
    A friend of mine got another friend the collector's edition for his birthday. Didn't get a chance to see if it was scratched though. So far it looks to be a next gen update with more weapons/maps. Nothing really revolutionary, but we'll see.

The bubble shields make for some interesting kills. Especially when an enemy drops it and you use it more to your own advantage. :D
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Coming Christmas of 2008. F bungie.

You're optimistic. I was thinking 2009.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I went to stand in line for it last night, then decided I wanted to be a normal person. I went to bed at 11, woke up this morning and drove to Gamestop. Picked it up, and played through the campaign today. It was pretty short, but nothing bad about it whatsoever. Very enjoyable.

I played some multiplayer after, and had a blast. The theater and forge are some really cool additions. You can playback an entire match if you so desire. Pretty sweet.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited September 2007
    3 of my friends got the collectors editions and all 3 were pre-scratched.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    u beat the solo play already, DAMN ill be playing for a month but hey i suck at Halo but its sooooo fun
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited September 2007
    My roommate says his disc isn't scratched at all. I didn't look at it personally but I assume he knows what a scratch looks like.
    So the main campaign is really short? I know a guy who claims he beat it in about five hours. We've just been playing a lot of multiplayer, so my roomie is only on the second level.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Going through it on Heroic right now before I really get into any MP. I always prefer to beat single player before I do any MP.

Microsoft has also offered to swap out any scratched collectors ed. discs for free anytime before Dec. 31st. You have to wait up to two weeks though and since mine has no problems, I'll most likely not do it or just wait.
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, I played through on normal. I don't like to play easy, but I like to get the story before I tackle a game on a hard difficulty. Frustrations overwhelm my enjoyment if I die too much.

I'll be loading up some heroic tonight I think. Maybe I'll see if I can get some coop legendary going with a friend.

Pseudonym, what's your gamertag, man?
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Was at Howies Game Shack last night and played 4 player Coop Legendary... man oh man was that fun. I have to admit Halo 3 is pretty fun game with sweet graphics and a good story.

Their are a few issues I found in the game that can be called glitches or added in items, but we accidently killed a few of the soldiers while shooting up some stuff and all the sudden they turned on us we couldn't get any further so we had to kill ourselves and go back to the last checkpoint.

Also picking up a rail gun and killing the wasp looking things was just to much fun. Not sure if I was suppose bring that gun over to that part of the game, but I took the slow walk and owned it up :)
    edited September 2007
    The soldiers thing is normal. That's been there since the first Halo. It's kind of incentive not to hurt your own men. ;)

The weapons in the game are a lot of fun. I had plenty of "Holy freakin' crap! Did you see that?!" moments.
    edited September 2007
    dude that lazer gun in multiplayer is sick...
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited September 2007
    I found it too hard to keep a target in the sights until the damned thing fully charged. :range:
    edited September 2007
    The Spartan laser? OMG! I've been hit with it a few times. It is not a comfortable feeling.
    edited September 2007
    it has the laser beam which you can move around while it charges... I am not totally sure but I was able to kill a guy through a wall with it. I might have got him on the way behind it but to us it looks like it went through the wall.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Pfft! Halo 3 is old news over here. Been sold for over a month.
    edited September 2007
    doesn't make it not fun :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Never played any halo game ever. But, i have some friends who are into it. I might try the multiplayer and pick it up for PC when it comes out.
  • digitaltreedigitaltree Suffern, NY
    edited October 2007
    IndigoRed wrote:
    Digging around, I found this. As was mentioned through another forum, there isn't really a decent history for Halo. Someone has done a fairly decent job...

http://forums.xbox.com/14748829/ShowPost.aspx

Just thought, if somebody was looking for good backstory on the Halo universe, this is a pretty good website: http://www.unscleric.com/TheHalography.html