Sound card issues?

edited September 2007 in Hardware
This is something that happened to me a couple months back but never posted here about mainly because I was lazy to do so and was annoyed by the incident. Basically, I bought a sound card (x-fi series) and had it installed in my computer. For the first 1-2 months everything seemed okay, then all of a sudden my computer started acting up. At first I thought it might be a virus but when I scanned my computer or got my hjt log checked, nothing came up. After about a month of random non-responsiveness and computer freezing I tried removing the sound card and everything was pretty much back to normal. I haven't heard of new sound card installations doing this, so I was thinking it might be a psu related problem? It's been about 2 years since I built this rig so I can't remember exactly all of the details, but the psu in this rig is a PC P&C unit at something like 500w. I was pretty sure that the psu could handle the load (3 HDs, gpu, dvd-burner, dvd-rom, etc) but either I was wrong or I just received a below average unit. Yeah, at any rate was wondering what you guys thought about it.