Progress made....

RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
edited October 2007 in Fitness
Well, I bought some new jeans this week...

2 SIZES smaller!!!

I was in a 38-40 (depending on who made the jeans)

.. the ones I bought Sunday are 36s!!!

Feels good to be moving in the right direction!!

Comments

• NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations! Strive for that 28-32" range.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited October 2007
    ROFL!

I was in a 32-34 when I was an Air Force cop, and running around 8-11% body fat...

My goal is 32 with comfort...

I actually got down to 5% once. I was miserable. When your body fat gets that low, eating becomes 100% work. There is no days off, no "I'll have another beer with the guys.." It's 100% effort, 100% of the time.

Not sure I'm built for anything under a 32, unless I get stuck on Tom Hank's Castaway island for 4 or 5 years.......
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    RADA wrote:
    ROFL!

I was in a 32-34 when I was an Air Force cop, and running around 8-11% body fat...

My goal is 32 with comfort...

I actually got down to 5% once. I was miserable. When your body fat gets that low, eating becomes 100% work. There is no days off, no "I'll have another beer with the guys.." It's 100% effort, 100% of the time.

Not sure I'm built for anything under a 32, unless I get stuck on Tom Hank's Castaway island for 4 or 5 years.......

A friend of mine who competes has wider hips and at 5% he can't get anything less than a size 32 jeans. Myself, I wear 29s at around 10-12% BF. It really depends on your bodily mechanics.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited October 2007
    I could barely squeeze into 33's at about 12% and thats about the leanest I've ever been. 34's were more comfy =)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I hit 32" waist size when I put on my full marriage weight and my family started calling me "bubble butt" - I am sure I'm on a totally different frame type than you are, RADA.

I would think a goal of 28" - 32" would be for a select group of bird-boned men, such as myself...
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited October 2007
    Excellent work RADA, last time my waist was that small was before nomad was born :p due to 30 years of training and playing Rugby my thighs are probably bigger than some folks waists, even if I lose weight I can't go lower than a 40 waist as the damn jeans are too tight on the thighs.