Pedestrian Walkway

NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Internet & Media
Here is a freelance project I'm finishing up for a client in Rochelle, NY. It's a pedestrain walkway between Trump Plaza and its parking structure. The focus of the image was on the artwork commissioned to go across the bridge--thus why the other buildings are extremely basic at the client's request.

Essentially, the artwork is comprised of LEDs that display the movement of people walking through the bridge. It is does this via a camera at both ends of the inside of the bridge that read the person's image and transfers it to the LEDs. There's an accompanying animation that shows the LEDs in action, but is too large to upload.

Day.jpg

Night.jpg

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    It's like a pride march 24/7.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    That's awesome Nomad! I'm sure it looks even better in person.
    Very Cool idea! Thanks for sharing.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    The lamp globes still look funny.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    The lamp globes still look funny.

Actually if you notice they are two completely different light fixtures for night and day :>

Oh, I should also point out because I may not have been clear. I did not come up with the artwork, there was a competition for designs and this was the one that won. I was contacted to do the preliminary visualizations on the piece before they actually built it.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I don't mean that they look funny in the context of the image (Aka "They don't fit in"), I mean that they look very fake compared to other elements.