Got my antec 900...but!

edited October 2007 in Hardware
Got my antec 900 today. Switched all my internals over and all works well. BUT, I really wanted to use the front audio ports on this case for my headset/mic and still keep my regular speakers plugged in the back.
But my dilemma is, I have a SB Audigy4 sound card, and the wire/connector coming from the cases front sound ports is for the ac97 onboard sound.
Is there something I can do to have it my way without using the crappy onboard sound on my mobo?

Comments

• edited October 2007
    well i never thought i wouldnt get a response from u folks. But after alot of searching I finally found what I need.

http://picasaweb.google.es/rmorinr/SoundBlasterXFi/photo#5099379872528468578
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Sorry Velocity! I'm glad you found what you were looking for... I was just plain stumped!
  • edited October 2007
    I had posted my issue in a few good tech boards and havent gotten one response. I am just surprised how many people must be using their onboard sound over pci sound cards these days.
    Even the Creative website forum has pages of posts on this very issue, and none have a reply post.
    Am I a dinosaur that i still run out and buy stand alone sound cards? Has onboard sound finally gotten to the point that people arent buying sound cards. When i bought this computer 1 1/2 years ago, the first game I went out and purchased (BF2) I found my onboard sound to be unsupported by the game.
    There has to be a market for this adapter, yet Creative doesnt even offer such a device. Instead they want you to buy that front port system and install it right below your unused ports that are already on your case.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Last time I bought a standalone PCI sound card, I bought one that specifically had the AC-97 style connector on the PCB. It was a home-theater style card using the Envy24 chipset, rather than a gaming card, however.

I don't think you're a dinosaur, but I think Creative Labs expects you to drop another hundred bucks or whatever to get their sound panel. ;)