Athlon Mobile 4000+ and DFI Lanparty Nf3 250gb

edited October 2007 in Hardware
I have a question about cooling athlon mobile. As stated in "a64 overclocking theory", the cpu is bit lower then normal athlon, and the reference to anandtech forum is added but that url is down.

How to achive contact of normal cooler (actually water block) with mobile core? Cant find any usefull reference to this problem anywhere...

Should i stick a thin copper plate between core and cooler or rather modify plastic part of motherboard that is holding the cooler (remove 1mm of plastic to lower the cooler)? Or some third solution?

Thank you for reading this...

Comments

• stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited October 2007
    Guess the answer to this is case by case. Most coolers and cooler mounts will screw down onto the chip and use springs/resistence to keep sufficient pressure without breaking the cpu (or cpu socket). I don't believe you'll need to do any modification as the tension lost in 1mm shouldn't be enough to prevent good consistent contact between cooler and cpu.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited October 2007
    I have been doing a bit of research into Water cooling as I am about to invest in that. I found this video on Cnet which was pretty usefull. the one about installing the CPU block states that you can remove the plastic mounting on the mb and replace it with a more suitable one.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11319_7-6291064-4.html?tag=bnav