Call of Duty 4: Anyone looking forward to it?

maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
edited October 2007 in Gaming
it seems like a cool game. I always liked the older CoDs and i think that it's cool that they are moving into the modern era with CoD...hopefully it'll turn out to be a good game...

Comments

• MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited October 2007
    I played CoD1 for the single player, CoD2 for multi and never touched 3. I have high hopes for this one because WWII has been done over so many times...
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I played one a lot two not so much, three on 360 because it was the only multi-player game my friend had that we would play, and I don't intend on playing four. They basically just seem like glorified expansion packs, and the theme of WWII has been beaten into death of innovation.

This coming from a person who played Day of Defeat and Call of Duty for a combined six years.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I have always loved WWII FPS and have played all the CoD's and MOH's.
    I have preferred the Call of Duty's.
    I think the new MOH Airbourne (Demo) sucks big time so hopefully they produce a better gameplay experience with CoD4 because if Airbourne's experience is anything to go by, I'm not getting the game.
  • maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
    edited October 2007
    yeah i think that the best WWII two game would be Day of Defeat Source...CoD was also good, but there was something about DoDS...i think that i will give this new CoD a try since it made in the "Modern" era...and i like relatively modern FPS games even though i still can't get enough WWII
    edited October 2007
    the trailers at gametrailers.com look pretty sexy too...:D
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    WWII FPS that doesn't involve:
    • Normandy
    • 101st Airborne
    • 82nd Airborne
    • You fighting the entire war by yourself
    • Reliving Band of Brothers episodes

Would be much appreciated. There's much you can do with WWII, its just that the market is filled with the same crap that it gets old. MOH series varies a bit, I'll give them that, but still uses the same old same old.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    When it comes to frenzy multiplayer action, Call of Duty series is pretty much unbeatable. It's far from any reality moves the player do, but it's an action game, not a simulator. I played 1st and second so much that my fingers bled for a while. Problem is with the 4th, i need a new videocard or 2 to be able to play it at 1900X1200 and some effects enabled. A couple of 2900 Pro looks like the best bang for the buck right now.
    edited October 2007
    is this considered a demanding game and would need a topnotch computer?