CoD 4, will my comp handle it?

edited October 2007 in Hardware
hey all, i'm new here...needed to get a question answered and heard that this was the place to go...
so yeah as you all probably know, Call of Duty 4 is coming out for PC...im currently traveling in a foreign country and can't download the demo ( i dont have time) and was wondering if you all think i could play the game smoothly...
i have the HP dv9000t, i know it's big for travelling, but i love 17" screens...i have pretty much maxed the specs out for it like 2.00 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 2GB ram, 120GB harddisk space (that's not maxed out but i dont need that much space anyways) and a Nvidia 512MB Go 7600 graphics card... i saw the minimum system requirements for the game online as well as the reccommended system requirements, but since i am not too familiar with the technicals of computers, im not sure where my laptop would fall under....
also, desktop graphic cards as i understand have different specs than notebook graphic cards of the same model number...so i find it hard to compare the two by myself :P...alright thanks guys.... :)
just for reference the
Mininum::
Equivalent of 2.4 GHz Processor
512MB RAM (768MB for Vista)
128MB VRAM DirectX 9.0c video card with Shader 3.0 support
Recommended:
Equivalent of 2.4 GHz Dual-Core Processor
1024MB RAM (2048MB for Vista)
Equivalent of 7800GTX or higher:

i got these from Wikipedia :) ... so i was hoping you folks over could tell me where my comp would lie and play like...
thanks again
:D
PS i know i won't be able to play AA on...

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I'm pretty sure you should be fine, since the minimum specs are no where near what you have. A 2ghz C2D is more than enough to run that game, those measures are pretty obsolete for how a game will run.

In any case, I'd say you're going to be able to run it around Medium to Medium-High settings. This is just a guess...
  • edited October 2007
    I checked elsewhere and it said that the minimum graphic card requirement was a Geforce 6600, and i think that is about the same as my Laptop graphic card, Go 7600...so that's what im worried about, my graphics card not living up to the game...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Even the Go 7600 is a step up from the base 6600.
  • maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
    edited October 2007
    Hey, i have that same comp....! :P
  • edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Even the Go 7600 is a step up from the base 6600.

so do you think i will still get away with medium-high settings???...i already know that having AA on is not going to be possible...:sad2:but still playing it smoothly is important :)
  • maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
    edited October 2007
    hey, i think you will be fine playing this game... my friend has the dv6000 with 1.6Ghz dual core, 1 GB ram, and a 256MB 7400 graphics card...he was playing the game (demo, he downloaded) on 600X800 and it was running very smoothly... that comp you have is quite significantly better than his, so you should be able to run the game quite well, but maybe without the Anti-Aliasing...