Nothing is working the in favorites

edited October 2007 in Hardware
all the links that i have in the favorites are not working, im surprised this site works. There is only a couple of sites that i can get to work. It was working last night then this morning its not working. I tried disabling the firewall it didnt work, I've tried unpluggin the modem and it didnt work. I'm at a loss on what to do. Can anybody help?

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Does your computer suffer from this? Or is it only the favourites? I doubt this is an emergency.... But in either case, what happens when you try to enter the non-working sites? any errors?
  • edited October 2007
    i guess it dont suffer from it but the kids cant play any games like nickjr cause it dont load up. All it says when i go to the sites is that this page cannot be displayed.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Try going to the site manually, like typing the adress in to the adress field.
  • edited October 2007
    Nope that dont even work. :(
  • edited October 2007
    Open a DOS window (click Start>Run, type cmd in the run window and hit enter). At the prompt, type "ping www google com" without the quotes and hit enter. Do this for each website you are having problems with. You should get a list of ping times like this:
    (I had to remove the periods so I could paste, no links allowed, hehe)

C:\>ping www google com
    Pinging www google com [64.233.167.147] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 64.233.167.147: bytes=32 time=84ms TTL=236
    Reply from 64.233.167.147: bytes=32 time=83ms TTL=236
    Reply from 64.233.167.147: bytes=32 time=84ms TTL=236
    Reply from 64.233.167.147: bytes=32 time=83ms TTL=236
    Ping statistics for 64.233.167.147:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 83ms, Maximum = 84ms, Average = 83ms

If not, you have internet problems and need to contact your internet provider to find out what they've messed up.

If you can load any websites at all, then there isn't (usually) a problem with your computer, it's your internet provider.