Beta Demo of Unreal Tournament 3

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Science & Tech
For images, view on front page

You can get a taste of the highly anticipated game Unreal Tournament 3 from Epic Games and Midway right now! WHOO HOO!! This is not a full blow demo, just two deathmatch maps and a capture-the-flag map to test hardware configurations.

Beta Demo of Unreal Tournament 3.

Between this, TF2, and the rest of The Orange Box, I'm gonna get nothing done this winter!

Comments

• yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited October 2007
    dang it!!! dodgeit is gone?!?! Now I have to do a bit of work to get this faster... I don't like work, just fun and games, that is all life needs... like this one
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Filefront had an instant download at 400KBps. Fileplanet can eat a bag of Hell.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Fixed link to filefront.:wink:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Man this is a great time to be a gamer :p
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited October 2007
    Man this is a great time to be a gamer :p
    And a poor time to be an employer of a gamer :bigggrin:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    True, true! :D
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    SPIKE09 wrote:
    And a poor time to be an employer of a gamer :bigggrin:

Haha.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I'm dying to check it out on my 8800GTS!!:rarr:
    edited October 2007
    Good thing it requires nearly THREE GIGABYTES in your temp directory. :|
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    You've heard of football widow?
    Well, My wife is going to be a gaming widow this season. lol
    Bless her soul...She loves seeing/hearing me having fun on UT or TF2.
    Always asking after... Did you have fun honey?
    I've been waiting for this (UT3), ever since the first news out on it.
    Hope my Athlon XP 3200+ CPU / Abit uGURU AN7, WD 36G Raptor, 2G OCZ PC3200 (200 MHz) Platinum Ram, and Radeon X1600 Pro 256MB will run it ok.
    a084.gif
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Nice of it to install Ageia PhysX drivers for no reason....
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    mas0n wrote:
    Nice of it to install Ageia PhysX drivers for no reason....

Yea mason, I didn't care for that either.:( Especially when the demo only plays at 800X600. You can't up the resolution to get a feel for the graphics of it... even though I don't have the latest card.. Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 256MB. I could still run 1260X1080 just to check the graphics...
    That being said, This games gonna have some really fun stuff..
    All kinds of new weapons. Still has the Redeemer which if you can find it on different maps it's a killer
    It's got a mini-gun similar to the one the heavy carries in TF2...
    Pulse gun which is like the old plasma gun..
    Sniper rifle which is cool too...really long range....
    And a bunch more...
    Then the machines... Hoverboard.. (Back To The Future) and fast too.
    All kinds of drivable vehicles like tanks, Movable giant cannons..Smaller all terrain vehicles...Hovercraft that hover 2-10 ft off the ground..The Raptor which will hover low over the street or super high over the entire map. Yuo control the height.... And they all fire different types of weapons.. some plasma, some hard bullets, some exploding bullets or ammo. Some launch missiles..
    It also still has the super health shield from the original, even though it looks different and I think it has a time limit on it now too. Seems it ran out on me after about a min.
    So this is going to be a pretty good game if they polish it off before hitting the shelves..
    One last note too.. It plays fast like the original UT played as far as movement on the player..... Whooot, That's a big plus...
    edited October 2007
    Uh, I play at 1680x1050, I don't know why you can't go higher than 800x600.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Uh, I play at 1680x1050, I don't know why you can't go higher than 800x600.

Seems it always defaults back to 8X6 on me. Must not be setting it right or saving settings/etc. I was all excited to get into the game while there was a bunch of setup to go through just to play a dang demo.
    Thanks for letting me know Thrax, as I wouldn't have known it played on higher settings. I think these games should read your graphics cards and set either to optimal settings for it or to what the desktop is set at. Then you can have the option to go in and change it higher if you want.
    I'll have to play around with the settings. I really want to see it with better graphics..
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Hawk wrote:
    Seems it always defaults back to 8X6 on me. Must not be setting it right or saving settings/etc.

Make sure you hit apply after you have made your changes.

I love this game ... it plays wonderfully and has pretty good graphics ... but the game play is the real strength.
    I really hate those robotic tentacled things that go around killing the combatants:sawed::mean: :bigggrin:
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    You can control those robotic tentacle things. It's.. insane. Hah.

I think the game looks great, and it plays much more smoothly than I expected it to. The Unreal Engine is an amazing thing.
    edited October 2007
    I wish it supported AA.