Boot problem

edited October 2007 in Hardware
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">i'll just make this a new thread rather than reply to the one below.

I have a Dell dimension E510 that is about 2 years old, intel pentium 4 cpu 3 ghz, BIOS version A04. This message came up after i tried to system restore.

"Loading PBR for descriptor 2 ...done.
press ctrl + alt + del to restart"

I have tried pressing f8 during restart, it just continued and took me to press ctrl+alt+del.

I know i can press alt+f11 to get to dell's dsr partition, but it won't do the restore. when i click it, it just brings me to the "Loading PBR for descriptor 2" screen and tells me to ctrl+alt+del.

Please help, this is extremely frustrating.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comments

• edited October 2007
    i also forgot to add that i do NOT have the windows xp disk
  • KinetikKinetik Ocala, Florida
    edited October 2007
    Is it possible that you (or someone else) deleted the restore partition? If so and you cannot find an OEM copy of XP you can contact Dell for a replacement copy. Last time I had to do it for a client I only paid for shipping.