Help broken Raid

edited October 2007 in Hardware
Hi everyone I am new here. Hope someone can help. To start with I googled Raid Forums and you guys popped up so here I am. I have threads going 2 other places, not much luck. Here is a LINK to one that is on going, pretty the same at PCPitstop.

I have Sony VGC-RC210G I was in looking around in recovery console. Wanting to look at my raid setup I pushed reconfigure raid, thinking the console would open. without warning it went dark, came back on with, MS has shutdown to save files. gives you 4 options tried all 4 just came back to the warning. I am way pass the point of saving any files. I used Killdisk, and every other thing anyone has said. right now I have Linux installed, but it can only boot with Linux disk in player. I can't access the Raid Bios Linux looks nice but if things don't right no use leaning how to use it. I am in over my head.

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited October 2007
    You cacot access the raid bios when you boot? This is before any OS begins tp load correct?

Do you SEE the raid bios and can not enter the bios or??

When you said you were in recovery console your NOT talking XP's recovery console correct? And if moe basic were you running Vista or XP?

What level of raid were you running? Raid-0 or raid-1? I just hit Sony's site trying to get help for you via their online manuals and never saw anything on the raid setup. I saw one line in their marketing crap saying that it had sata raid.

Tex
  • edited October 2007
    OK when I boot into Bios, sometimes a screen will flash by but it is so fast can't see it. Was running XP Media Center. I had 4 160 GB on a 0 Raid
    The recovery console Sony.
    edited October 2007
    Well I have no clue at all on Sony's recovery console.

Please don't put 4 ide/sata drives into raid-0 again.

So what is your goal at this point exactly. You mentioned not wanting to recover your data any longer.

How do you want to proceed basicaly.
  • edited October 2007
    I want windows XP back, maybe dual boot with Linux. The Broken Raid not letting do anything.
    edited October 2007
    Well what exactly is it not doing?

You are trying to load XP again and what happens? You really need to try and help us out here more. List your complete configuration and the steps you have tried and where you are getting hungup at.

This is going to take DAYS AND DAYS if you can not be a lot more detailed of the EXACT steps you are taking to reload windows XP and what happens.
  • edited October 2007
    I put an XP disk it wants raid drivers. got those hooked up floppy drive.It said drivers newer than what was installed say do it anyway. run for bit then spit disk out and said install canceled.I guess I am going to get one of THESE and see it i can reformat each HD on my laptop.
    Link didn't work,
    BYTECC BT-300 USB 2.0 to IDE/SATA Adapter
  • edited October 2007
    UPDATE, ok after installing linux,I thought things were looking up. But soon found that was not the case. The only way Linux would load was to have disk in when started. So the broken Raid was still there. Uninstall ed, reinstalled on and on. Then I was reading one of the threads here and someone subjected Boot & Nuke, well it is the only thing I haven't tried so I did. 8 hr. later it was done. Was told Vista didn't need a floppy for drivers, all you need is to burn them to a cd and use it. Well it worked. only installed on one HD. unplugged the others. But I think we are in the ballpark now. Thanks everyone who helped. Not sure about Vista but it pretty.