Games keep minimizing to desktop.

T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I'm trying to do a little gaming at work during lunch and after (God knows I don't get an opportunity to at home anymore...grrrrr), but several games keep minimizing to desktop. These include Battlefield 1942, Enclave (will continuously do it, so you can't get to anything), and Vice City. Sometimes if you bring them back up often enough (it'll keep minimizing usually), they'll eventually run...and sometimes they crash out entirely. The refresh is only at 85hz max, which the monitor supports easily.

Others, like UT2k3 and RTCW_Enemy Territory run fine.

Any ideas?

The hardware:
AthlonXP 2800+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
1gb Corsair pc3200
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro w/ Catalyst 3.2
onboard nForce sound.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2003
    That's got to be some software running in the background. I know I've had the same types of problems while folding in the background. Check the applications and processes in Task Manager and let us know what's there.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    I close folding, but I know core_65 (or whatever it is) never closes until you force it... Aside from that, Argos Print monitor (which, tho aggrivating, hasn't shown this tendency in the past), some ati stuff, task manager, and the nvidia tray options are the only real notable ones.

Windows 2000 pro, btw.

EDIT: Great call! I disabled a few things (haven't narrowed down exactly what it was yet), and Enclave finally ran :) Haven't tried the others yet, but my confidence is high! Thanks a million!
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited June 2003
    I had the same problem.

It was the Folding@Home that did it.

And I had to close it, pausing it did not help.