dreamweaver template issue...

edited October 2007 in Internet & Media
now i was doing some modifications on a friends website, it was a dreamweaver template site...

now when i was modifying the master template on his computer, it prompts me about updating stuff on linked pages to the template...

which was pretty cool since i've never worked with templates or dwt...

now i copied the whole folder of his site to a usb drive so i can come home and continue working on it...

now at home, when i open the master template and make changes it doesn't seem to update to other linked files..

how can i reconnect these pages to the master template?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    You have to define an FTP in your copy of dreamweaver. It syncs by automatically connecting to the webserver and uploading the information when you save it.
  • edited October 2007
    thans Thrax, i'm just talking about working with the template locally!

i mean on my hraddrive... because each page is linked to the template (dwt) so only some portion of the pages i can edit (in dreamweaver ofcourse)

so i want some of the un-editable regions changed on my master template (dwt)... but seems like dreamweaver wouldn't update it onto the slave pages...

now i'm left with going into each page and editing it one by one but using another editor...
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    No no... you need to define a site. Quickest way is Site -> New Site. It'll step you through it.

To work with templates, etc. Dreamweaver needs to know where all the files are kept :) The site was already defined on the first computer you worked on, I presume.