Help Game Boy Advance gift?

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Gaming
Ok, we want to get a hand held game setup for my son whom is turning 6. I won't spend alot for this, so a PSP is out of the question. I know he'll destroy it after a while, or his brother will at least.:tongue:

There are several styles of the Game Boy Advance. what is the difference?
one site said that the new style has much better back lighting. true? Worth the $40 - $50 more?

BTW He doesn't/ isn't allowed to play my/our kind of games, AKA nothing violent.

:sawed: = teh no.

What do you think?

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    The DS is relatively inexpencive ($130 for the system, aprox. $30 for each game) has a great library of games for all ages, and has super easy to set-up multiplayer.

Id recomend the DS over and Advance, especially since the DS will play Advance games too.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    DS for sure. It's $130, and it is pretty much the ultimate handheld gaming system, and it will play games all the back to Gameboy Advanced.

Each of my kids has one, it is well worth the money. There's a lot of value in the DS.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2007
    I'll 3rd the DS fantastic. You can't beat the variety of games and the level of ineraction you have with them is great. It's also a system that he can enjoy for several years, in terms of the quality of games at least. It's fantastic.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    i will 4th the DS

i have one myself, been playing zelda for the last couple days, DS is so much more fun than the PSP.