Crysis VS Call of Duty 4

maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
edited November 2007 in Gaming
Which game do you think will have the biggest impact? Which game do you think will get the get the best action game?

As much as i think the graphics on Crysis are outstanding, Call of Duty 4's multiplayer seems so sexy with the create a class and the "perks" which you unlock...

Comments

• edited October 2007
    I don't think either will be that important. Much better games out in the next few months.
  • maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
    edited October 2007
    like what?
  • edited October 2007
    UT3 for starters.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited October 2007
    rapture wrote:
    UT3 for starters.

I'm going to have to agree that if we had to decide the better Shooter game it would probably be the upcoming UT3. But if I had to decide between CoD4 & Crysis, my money is on CoD4 just because eventually after the main story the only fun left is to take it online and get some headshots. I haven't heard much about multiplayer and crysis though.
    edited October 2007
    I haven't heard much about multiplayer and crysis though.

...neither have i, it seems it would be awfully hard trying to shoot people if everyone had that suit that made you lightning fast...:p
  • edited October 2007
    UT3 brings the engine with it, think of the games developers will make out of it. After all the hype of the CryEngine I know of a single 3rd party game which uses it.

I can't see CryEngine2 getting much use.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    The demo for Crysis and the Beta demo for UT3 both rocked. I think life is good for a PC FPS gamer!:thumbsup:
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited October 2007
    I'm gonna get me all three anyway, it's about time we had some new fps's out there.

I thought the demo's for Crysis and CoD4 were both excellent but I must admit to not being too impressed with the UT3 demo.

But UT2004 multiplayer is so good I just gotta have the new one :D

Just finished Bioshock, that was fun, but I don't think I'll be playing it again.

And I've just installed the Orange Box, so what's the Icrontic server address for TF2? ;)

I've played a little TF2, I ain't that good yet but it sure is a lotta fun :)
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    rapture wrote:
    UT3 for starters.

Quoted for emphasis :D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    UT3 is fun and hits the roots of college gaming for me... Crysis looks cool but Cod4 is going to have the biggest following into the holiday season. I look at my Xfire list and see 80% of gamers on CoD4 :)
    edited November 2007
    I look at my Xfire list and see 80% of gamers on CoD4 :)

yeah, i just checked out www.xfire.com...it's the 3rd in minutes played...but still behind it's predeccesor CoD2...but im sure once everyone who wants to get the game gets it, those minutes will go up...lol, even the single player is in the top ten...:eek:

:tongue:
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I've been playing the crysis MP beta, and it's fantastic. It's one of the few games that I plan on buying this year. There is only the one map in the MP demo, but it's still a lot of fun.
  • Master-Of-KindMaster-Of-Kind Brixton
    edited November 2007
    rapture wrote:
    I don't think either will be that important. Much better games out in the next few months.
    It's going to hard to get a better game then CoD4 within the next couple of months.:smiles:
  • edited November 2007
    After being amazed by the tv ad, playing the demo and then the full game I agree. CoD4 is an amazing game.

Activision are greedy ****s for making the steam version cost so much money and I think this will hurt sales.
    edited November 2007
    I'm buying the boxed version...i like staring at the box cover for sometime before i open it!
  • edited November 2007
    As great as Crysis is i'm going with Call of duty 4 since its alittle less harsh on systems so more people can play it at a descent setting since my 8500gt played the demo with minimum settings getting 70 fps witch isnt so bad compared to 35 fps with crysis.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I can't wait to sink into both games, and I do plan on playing both at some point in the near future. Crysis is why i got a new video card and Call of Duty looks pretty fun. Biggest impact has a lot of meanings. If you mean redefining the fps genre to new extremes with graphics and gameplay, Crysis wins. If you mean creating a new and exciting online fps that'll have people playing for months if not years, TF2 wins. ;)

Oh yeah, Call of Duty has its perks too.