Star Wars KOTOR

ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
edited December 2003 in Gaming
Bought today, just finished first level. So far very good, outstanding first impression. Read lots of reviews/previews (all positive) so impression is probably somewhat coloured by that but to this point, no negatives to report on hardware, controls, general gameplay, etc.

Bonus, developed right here in Edmonton (BioWARE)

Anyone else?

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited November 2003
    holy crap

this game is one of THE BEST rpg's i have ever played. at the very least the dialogue easily tops anything square has EVER done, and i really like the way it plays out

once i finish it on the light side, im doing it again being dark (theres SOOOOO much fun to be had doing it that way)
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited November 2003
    You're going to have many orgasms with the Dark Side ending :D
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited November 2003
    I must get this game, everything I have heard about it is good :D

me pulls out credit card and brings up ebgames.com
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited November 2003
    Enjoyed this more than any game i can remember recently, finished the light side within 3 days due to it being so addictive. Now going through playing dark but much slower and still enjoying it :)
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited November 2003
    I must be the only person on the planet that HATED this game. Am I?

Im sorry but I hate the fact that you gotta take turns hitting your enemy and watch his little numbers dwindle down till he is defeated over and over and over. Thats just no fun to me at all.

Granted I only played for like 20 minutes but that kind of gameplay feels so slow I would rather read the book than go through the sheer tedium of going through battle after battle like that.

Am I alone with this opinion?
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited November 2003
    I suppose thats the effect of fighting in most rpg's though. Personally i enjoyed the combat, some of it can get repetative sure, but some fights were great. There were some fights within which i really had to keep planning when to heal what powers to use just to keep alive, granted this isnt every fight especially with my new char, seeing he is specced more powerfully but its still early in the game for this one :)

[/gamelove]
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    The only other game I've played thru with turn based fighting system was Anachranox, there was enough storyline - humour - changed opponents - other things going on - challenge within the fights themselves like Souriat mentions - that I had no problem (attention span wise :)) with it and am not so far in KOTOR.
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited December 2003
    Picked the game up the other day and all I can say is WOW! I love this game!

I admit it was a little quirky at first with the whole pausing thing when a fight started and it being turn-based.(well, sorta)

So far I have 7 hours on the counter and I am at the part where you are supposed break into the sith base and get the security codes.(right after winning the swoop races)

Great game so far, right up there with the first time I played through half-lifes single player.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I got it for XBox awhile back. An excellent game, worth every penny.
  • rdwittyrdwitty Upstate New York
    edited December 2003
    I love the PC version. It's got a great learning curve. Only complaint is the lurch to move right after a battle. Hopefully the patch will fix it.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Ahahahaha. Excellent avatar rdwitty:thumbsup:
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Apparently the game crashes loads..... and loads as you get further into it........... not sure what it is caused by.....

NS
  • rdwittyrdwitty Upstate New York
    edited December 2003
    It's official...I'm a KOTOR junkie. Well, at least until I beat it a few times. I'm kinda stuck now on a Sith Leviathan in this room with 6 someodd Dark Jedi Masters. Any suggestions??