IE7 keeps losing internet connection

T-LAM-CT-LAM-C The Old-English "D"
edited November 2007 in Internet & Media
Hello, folks. Its been a while since I've posted but its good to be back. My problem is that if I leave my computer for more than a few minutes IE7 will lose the connection and provide the message box: "No connection to the internet is currently available", with the option to "work offline" or "try again". Usually "try again" will reconnect me unless its been a good while, then I must reboot the system to get IE7 to see my connection.
This only happens on my desktop, not the wife's or the lappy! Im hardwired to the net and running a wireless network to the wife and the lappy.
It's not a big deal pressing "try again" but is inwardly annoying when both the other rigs can hold a connection no matter what! Thanx !

Comments

• HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Do you have much else running at the same time? MSN, Online games, many other IE7 windows/tabs? Or download much?
  • T-LAM-CT-LAM-C The Old-English "D"
    edited November 2007
    HARUDATH, thanx. Maybe I can be a bit more clear. When I leave the system it is on and at idle just running free zonealarm, trendmicro 3.5 and free avg with the other processes in the background (32 processes). When I return and fire up IE7 the problem begins. I dont play online games and I do download programs and music. This happens when I leave it idle for a minute.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Sometimes Antivirus/Antispyware programs can clash with each other, have you tried disabling them one at a time?
    EDIT: I'm off to bed, if that doesn't work then all I can suggest is reinstalling IE7 - Do you get this problem with other browsers?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2007
    Check (in IE7) in your tools>Internet Connections and make sure that you don't have any connection entries in there, if you've previously used dialer or some other method of connecting to the internet.
  • T-LAM-CT-LAM-C The Old-English "D"
    edited November 2007
    Sorry for the silence, folks, many family issues all of a sudden! But thanx for the replies, and kryyst thanx for the IE7 advice as I did have to revert to the dreaded dial-up for about a month due to issues with my cable company and the satellite company (WORST MONTH OF MY LIFE). Im going to check on that right now and get back! Also, the problem does duplicate in firefox.
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited November 2007
    Isn't there a bit somewhere (Advanced settings I think) where you can set that if idle for x mins it disconnects. Perhaps you set this for the dial up period, and IE7 is still using it.