Windows doesn't install correctly

edited November 2007 in Hardware
Hi guys n Girls

Im trying to work out why my main rig (see sig for specs ) doesnt install windows xp correctly .

Everytime i install XP i get a script error on the user accounts in the control panel .

I have tried the following but with no success

1. Have changed the RAM for new sticks

2, have updated it to the latest bios via floppy disk

3. have changed the cables to my hard drives

4. have changed the IDE cable to my DVDRW

5. have changed the graphics card to another model and tried an install

6. hard drives have been tested and passed

I have a g3 logitech mouse which i also seem to have issues with on my main rig under xp i lose the use of it sometimes during install and sometimes when windows is running .

But i have recently built another machine which is using my old p4 chip windows has installed perfecly my mouse works fine during install and within windows .

However it runs perfect when running Vista which leaves me with it being either the PSU , CPU , Or motherboard .

I would really love some help on this beofre i go and replace a board which may be ok .

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2007
    Before you go replace ANYTHING....it might be helpful to tell us what the script actually says.
  • edited November 2007
    this it what it says

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 0
    Char: 0
    Error: Access is denied to: res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\nusrmgr.cpl/body.htc
    Code: 0
    URL: res://C:\WINDOW\system32\nusrmgr.cpl/nusrmgr.hta

ive tried every fix going to try to fix this so i think its hardware related
  • edited November 2007
    bumped ....:bigggrin:
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited November 2007
    Hi
    Two possibilities that may be occurring here

Firstly you say you have issues with the mouse, is it possible that when you click on the user accounts icon that the mouse is actually multi clicking, this would cause the error you are receiving. As would intentional fast clicking on the icon.

Secondly it is possible that the dll files have not registered properly.
    the following is from the MS knowledge base

To resolve this behavior, use the regsvr32 command to register the .dll files. To do this, follow these steps:1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    2. At the command prompt, type the following commands, press ENTER after each command, and then click OK when a message says that the registration is successful:
    • Regsvr32 jscript.dll
    • Regsvr32 nusrmgr.cpl
    • Regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll
    • Regsvr32 themeui.dll
    • Regsvr32 Vbscript.dll

3. Make sure that you can open the User Accounts item in Control Panel.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Or you have a bad XP CD.
  • edited November 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Or you have a bad XP CD.

Surely if it was a bad cd then it would be doing the same on the other 2 machine ive installed xp on to ?

and if the mouse was bad then surely i would be getting problems with on other pcs ?

I have tried to reinstall with another mouse connected and it does the same thing .
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited November 2007
    Do you have another mouse that you could try - for elimination purposes.:)
    Could be that your slower pc's just arn't noticing the probs.
  • edited November 2007
    yes i have an mx518 il try reinstalling tomorrow and let you know what happens .
  • edited November 2007
    bump

and i tried another mouse and its still the same i moved the main drive the another machine just to make sure .

And it installed fine on the p4 rig its just dont like the core 2 duo machine or maybe the motherboard who knows ?
  • edited November 2007
    100 views and no one knows anything i find that kind of hard to believe .
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2007
    First instead of running your mouse as a usb mouse get a usb to ps2 adapter and try it that way. If that doesn't work.

Take your computer into a repair shop and get them to fix it. We can only offer so much to do over the net without physical access to the machine. You've apparently swapped every part but the mobo and reinstalled it. Not much else we can offer up.
  • edited November 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    Take your computer into a repair shop and get them to fix it

Ok well its @ the shop now after spending sometime speaking to the tech he seems to think its a compatabilty problem between the board (P5N-E SLI) and the cpu (E6750) as its only been doing it since i upgraded the cpu .

So ive ordered a P5K premium /WIFI as a replacement shall report the results when i get the machine back .
  • edited November 2007
    well i got the machine back after having a new board fitted mouse works fine now onder xp not tried vista yet .

However im still getting the script error which only leaves the PSU ?