General Keebler, Please help me find an unique URL: I really need your help.

edited November 2007 in Internet & Media
Hi, General Keebler. First, thank you for helping me in the past, and I hope you would help me for this too.

Well, my friends are building WHOIS website, want me to try some stuff, and I have been a semi-tester for them. I have successfully tested what they wanted, but this time, I am having really difficult task, needs your help.

They like www.denic.de's WHOIS system, and it's basically looks like this: attachment.php?attachmentid=24256&stc=1&d=1194117978. You enter domain name, agree with terms, then see the result. attachment.php?attachmentid=24257&stc=1&d=1194118261

now, the result shows no unique URL that links to the result directly.
They want me to disguise as guest, visit the site, try to find the URL, the hidden URL. I tried, failed, but don't want to give in. You might call this cheating, but I want to find the URL. I feels this syntax a key, but don't know whether it's really a key: I replaced <> with ().
(tr)
(td)
(form action="whois/query" method="POST" accept-charset="UTF-8")
(input type="hidden" name="domain" value="their domain name"/)
(input type="hidden" name="lang" value="en"/)
(input type="submit" value="Accept"/)
(/form)

That one is theirs, this one is denic.de's:
(tr)
(td)
(form action="/webwhois/info" method="POST" accept-charset="UTF-8")
(input type="hidden" name="domain" value="denic.de"/)
(input type="hidden" name="lang" value="en"/)
(input type="submit" value="Accept"/)
(/form)

They are similar, but I find no key to the URL.

I don't have any coding skill/knowledge, so they want me, novice, to do it.

Thank you General Keebler for your time and help for me.:)Thank you!
1.jpg 228.7K
2.jpg 324K

Comments

• edited November 2007
    I have a fever today, so I might die if you don't come here to help me fast.:)

Okay, the fever is getting worse, so anyone who can code is okay, please help me. I want your help. Thanks kind helpers.:)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Perhaps you should consult medical services, not Icrontic.

...Or a cowbell.

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AnqY8KJbPcI&rel=1&autoplay=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AnqY8KJbPcI&rel=1&autoplay=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    what the fudge
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Feel better!
    kisses.gif
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    moar beer
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    HelpNeed, a couple things:

First, I can't help you with this because I'm not really clear on what you're asking. :-/ Could you try being a little more specific about what you want from me? I don't know much about WHOIS, generally.

Second, when you post you needn't address posts to me. Just state it generally and then you can PM me if you want to make sure I see it. Sorry I can't be more help on this right now.

//edit: Also... this is Icrontic's Oktoberfest weekend, so all the above posters are here in my house drinking beer and such this weekend, so please excuse the nonsense posts ;)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    General Keebler, you may have just saved a life.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    This thread delivers.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=24258&stc=1&d=1194134805

quantity of beer vs chance of scoring
  • edited November 2007
    Thank you General Keebler! Okay, I just ignore those drunks' posts.:)

Basically, when I type address bar the URL of WHOIS result page of the friends' website (Friends' Site), the Friends' Site doesn't direct to the result page, but the Friends' Site directs to error page, and I don't get to the result page again.

If I follow the above steps- 1. Type the URL to the query bar, white bar for the WHOIS. 2. Click Accept button.- I get to the result page. But when I type an URL, that is shown for the result page, I get to error page.

So those friends are hiding the true URL of the result page, and they want to me to find the "True" URL.

If you don't understand my question, Please let me know. I will add more detail, so you can help me out on this. Thank you for your help!:)
  • edited November 2007
    Please post a pic for it, so I can enjoy seeing your festival of this weekend.
    Have a happy party!::D

Thanks buddy Jesus! I took tyranoel PM, but this doesn't makes me sleepy, so I have about 40 or 41C fever. I never trust doctor, so I don't go to doctor, and never be a myrmidon to doctor.:)

Have a no-fever day!:)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    DRUNJ!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    DRUNJ!

mahpewpstank
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    night fever, night fever!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Helpneed wrote:
    So those friends are hiding the true URL of the result page, and they want to me to find the "True" URL.
    Oh, so they're testing it to make sure it can't be found?

There's really no way to easily go about discovering a hidden URL unless someone uses a script to go through all the possibilities and just randomly hits URLs until they find the "real" one. As long as you have Indexing turned off in Apache (meaning it won't give you a list of all the files in a directory if there's no Index page in it) then there's no quick-and-easy way of doing that that I'm aware of.

//edit: Maybe if you look at the form's "action" attribute on the first page, maybe that has the file's name in it?
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Perhaps you should consult medical services, not Icrontic.

...Or a cowbell.

:vimp:;D;D;D;D
  • edited November 2007
    Thank you Keebler for your help!

But unfortunately, the expiration time for the test passed, and during the test period, I didn't find the URL.:mad:

But I am very glad you have helped me again, so I am very grateful for the help.

I would be very glad if you would help me again in the future, and I hope to visit this forum again sometime in the future.

Thank you for your help!:)