need help fixing sata install problems

edited November 2007 in Hardware
Hello,

I have an Asus K8v Se Deluxe mobo. When I first got it, I wasn't sure on how to install a sata drive so I somehow ended up getting the sata driver on a floppy and booting and installing it as a promise raid device with the promise driver. I now noticed that I've got the drive plugged into the completely wrong spot on the drive and I noticed a sata 1 and sata 2 port elsewhere on the mobo. I tried to simply swap the sata cable and plug it into sata 1, but windows does not recognize it. I then just plugged it back to the sata master spot on the raid part. Now I got another harddrive and would like to get rid of the whole raid setup (since I don't really use a raid setup) and would like to plug both drives into the sata 1 and sata 2 part of the mobo. I also heard since I've got a sata II drive that I need a jumpber for it ,before it will work on this mobo. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this properly? I've got sata drivers already installed in windows from having to install the sata the first time.

Thanks

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    SATA drives need no jumpers. You need to install your mobo's SATA drivers instead of the promise drivers.