Nintendo Wii

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited November 2007 in Gaming
Hey guys,

My wife and I are going to be getting a Wii for Christmas. I have no clue where is the best place to buy and which is the best deal. I looked on ebay and some came with Zelda and others with 14 games including the sports games. If anyone has the secret let me know.

Thanks,

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    If you buy retail it always costs the same, $249.xx. Nintendo dictates that.

Beyond that is just seeing if anyone on eBay has a deal you're okay with
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    ^ What he said.

Just go in to any retail outlet and buy a Wii, if you can find one. A year later, and they're still selling out as soon as stores get them around here.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    yah, it sucks. can't get extra guitar hero III controllers until Feb-Mar... they can never keep up on anything it seems.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2007
    They are purposely limiting supply to make the demand seem higher on the consoles themselves. As for GHIII they just got taken buy surprise and can't meet demand. Which is why they aren't selling stand alone guitars until February because they can make more if they sell them bundled with the game. So until game sales slow down they won't sell single guitars.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    They're not purposely limiting supply to inflate perceived demand, no company in their right mind would alienate potential customers in that way.

What they are doing is ramping production very carefully so that they are not left with a bunch of idle factories and excess production capacity when demand finally slacks off. They're building Wiis as fast as they can with what factories they have, but they'd be insane to build new factories to satisfy huge initial demand and be left with a huge liability on the books when that is done.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Also, every person I know who has really tried to get one has one. For example, the only friend of mine who wants a Wii and still doesn't have one is Colgere. The reason he doesn't have one is because of the way he shops for it. Whenever he happens to be going to Best Buy anyway, he checks for the Wii, if they don't have it, he waits 'til next time he happens to be in the store.

Any one who puts any real effort into picking one up can do so.
  • maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
    edited November 2007
    Radio91P wrote:
    Hey guys,

My wife and I are going to be getting a Wii for Christmas. I have no clue where is the best place to buy and which is the best deal. I looked on ebay and some came with Zelda and others with 14 games including the sports games. If anyone has the secret let me know.

Thanks,

Yeah, i played Zelda on my friends Wii and it was very amazing...it doesn't get much better than Zelda + Wii combo (in my opinion that is...:D)
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited November 2007
    I think that is what I will do. Get the package with Zelda. Rather have that then all of the other games.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Yep, this summer when I was looking to get a Wii I just called around to the area Walmarts for a few days to figure out when shipments came in and then waited until the shipments arrived. I called around for a few days to see if they were in stock. Once they got some in I went and bought one. It took me about 3-4 days of calling around and then I had one. I concur about the Zelda game.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited November 2007
    BUYER BEWARE!

A friend of mine just bought a 360 marked as like new from Ebay, and it was modded, and bricked. Be very careful when buying from ebay. Anon frowns on the black market of the internet, and so should you!

And in other news;
    Yeah, I like the wii. What I don't like about it is it's limited selection of games. Granted I'll end up playing them all in some form, but there's no niche games for people like me, until Nights comes out, and it'll have my rapt attention if it was as good as the last two for the Saturn. Man those games bring back some fond memories...Anyway. Enough gooshy crap. The only thing I think the wii needs is a good flight sim and an FPS. A star fox game would do the flight sim right up, and something like Umbrella Chronicles might do it for the FPS. RE4 was good, but Leon doesn't know how to strafe, and that makes him suck so bad.
    edited November 2007
    MP3 is a very good FPS. I've also heard that CoD3 is fun on the Wii.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    A bricked Xbox 360 is "like new" if you really think about it...
    edited November 2007
    MP3 is a very good FPS. I've also heard that CoD3 is fun on the Wii.

Medal of Honor 2 comes out this month and it's (according to the reviews) has better controls then MP3.
    edited November 2007
    Then they must be perfect because the MP3 controls are really damned good.
    edited November 2007
    Then they must be perfect because the MP3 controls are really damned good.

Basically take the MP3 controls, but then add the ability to customize the hot zones on the screen and the sensitivity.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I have found this thread usefull in finding wii's before: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=24&threadid=673455&start=0