Options

Possible video problems - pink squares and computer freezing

edited November 2007 in Hardware
Hey im having some problems with my video and my system stability and im not sure why.

I tried everything in the thread but nothing worked and im starting to think its my videocard itself.

It only happens on the net or in games the games freezes and alot of small pink scares flicker everywhere and i dont know why

My specs are:
m2n32 sli deluxe
x2 5600+ non oc
2 gig OCZ dual channel gold editon
Wester digital hard drive 160 gig sata
Ultra xfinity 600 sli psu
Foxconn 8500 gt 256 mb

any help would be very apreciated thanx and if i missed anything just let me know

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Hello,

Do you have the memory voltage set to 2.0 - 2.1V?
  • edited November 2007
    yeah i put it to 2.1V
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I've never heard or seen of those "pink scares". Do you always restart automatically or do you ever get a BSOD?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I think he meant pink squares, which indicates a video card failure
  • edited November 2007
    i have to restart it myself but if i play a song in the back ground from media player it still plays but freeze at some points the keeps playing after
    no i dont get anything after that and i had left it on for alittle while just to make sure but there was nothing
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I am pretty sure this is a video card problem. I'm going to move this into it's own thread because I don't think it has to do with this particular motherboard :)

Welcome to icrontic :thumbsup:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Pink squares is a video card problem. Sounds like the card is getting too hot. I'd do the following:

1. Examine the heatsink on it to see if it has become detached from the GPU in any way.
    2. Make sure the heatsink is free of lint, dust and debris.
    3. Make sure the fan on it is still working.
    edited November 2007
    I initially thought it could be a video card problem because I have never had those problems on my mobo. I was especially leery when I saw that you had bought a foxconn Video card. I never trusted their motherboards let alone video cards.

Do you have a spare one you could replace into your system to help isolate the problem?
  • edited November 2007
    i think i found the problem with the nvidia driver because i uninstalled it and it seems to be ok but scrolling internet explorer is slow so ill try the foxconn driver instead and see what that will do if anything

oh and on load my gpu gets 55 c
    and idles at 51 c
    edited November 2007
    Your temps seem fine to me. What are you using to take the temp?

Hopefully its just a driver issue, if it is you dodged a bullet my friend:thumbsup:
  • edited November 2007
    i used the software from foxconn and ntune just to make sure and thats what i got witch i also found to be fine since thats the temps i had when it was in my older pc and it ran pretty good