bothereds upgrade, wow!

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited November 2007 in Hardware
Hi all,
thanks to all who advised me in my upgrade thread. I did the upgrade this morning. Shorty came round and we started, one hour later we had finished, and I mean really finished. Booted up with just the C drive connected and one optical and the PC booted straight into windows. Just had to install motherboard drivers and a few bits, connect the other drives up and it all works. Easiest and best upgrade ever. I tried the Crysis demo and used auto detect for settings, it turned the res and every other setting to max and plays so smooth. Anything I ever said about Intel I take back, superb CPU. Off now to amend sig, sort out folding, play games and generally gloat my way through the rest of the day. Thanks again all, especially Dan for his time and company. Cheers all.
A very happy bothered.

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I am truly stunned that we transplanted a new Intel DualCore setup straight into an AMD64 system and XP didn't croak about the HAL or drivers. We had planned to reinstall Windows because transplants always need it but while hunting for said CD, the damnest thing, the AMD centric OS booted and started installing standard OS drivers :eek:

For a laugh, we installed the Intel ones and rebooted. It worked just fine. Played games, tested t'internet and everything else. Smooth as butter and fast.

Just when I think I have seen everything that this technology has to offer, it throws me a curveball. How wierd but it saved a considerable amount of effort on our part and Crysis looks amazing on mr bothereds new uber rig!

Thanks for the brews and humour sir, it's always a worthwhile visit in my book :D
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited November 2007
    Yes, I'd say you've had a delightful revelation :) . For me the shock in improvement over AMD came with the difference in Folding.

All I can say is that the playing field has much improved- soon for both parties- and you have on sweet system :thumbsup:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    So do you have the SMP folding running yet? You are going to blown away by the points that it will crank.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Would you say it goes like the clappers? ;)

Good on ya, Bothered. Enjoy the upgrade.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2007
    More clappers than all the churches in old London town mate.:rockon::thumbup
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    So its still working ok with no sudden down of supremacy? :D
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2007
    Purring like a very milky warm kitten mate.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I was convinced this would be about a new teapot :D Cheers bothered!