Weird mouse problem

JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
edited November 2007 in Hardware
Hi. I experienced a weird mouse problem today. I have a Logitech MX 3200 keyboard and mouse. I used my mouse at school, and at the end of the day, I took out the USB reciever, packed it down, and went home. I came home and plugged it in again. No reply from mouse. Keyboard works fine, mouse doesn't. OK, I run down to the store, grap a 4-pack of Duracell Ultra AA batteries, and run back home to replace them. My mouse still doesn't work, but keyboard does. I try to plug in another mouse I have lying around, the simple two-button one that came with my laptop. It works just fine. Now, I get a brilliant idea. I took 2 of the Duracell Plus batteries that's in my keyboard, and put them in my mouse, leaving 2 batteries left in the keyboard. My mouse pops to life, and works without problems. For the sake of testing i put all 4 of the Duracell Ultra batteries in my keyboard, thinking they may be malfunctioning. No problems, mouse and keyboard works! How can it be that my mouse refuse to work with Duracell Ultra batteries, but has no problems with Duracell Plus? Same producer, same voltage, and both batteries expire in the same month, and same year. I'm stumped. Has anyone else experienced this?