BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

edited November 2007 in Hardware
After a bout of virus removal my computer is now tossing BSOD's at me with the "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" response for a flash of a second and then rebooting my computer. It happens about 10 seconds after windows loads when the internet connection is being brought up. After doing some research I found that the problem is sometimes related to NIC cards and willing to try anything I removed my wireless modem card (a DWL-G520) and the BSOD's stopped. Used a secondary computer to bring over the updated drivers for the device and updated in safe mode, reinstalled card in a different slot, rebooted and insta-BSOD like always. Things work fine from safe mode but there are a slew of Device Manager alerts under Other Devices lacking drivers, that I don't know are related or not.

Ehternet Controller
PCI device (PCI bus 0, device 31, function 2)
PCI device (PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0)
PCI simple communications controller
SM bus controller

I'm at a loss. Virus removal I can handle, but stuff like this is beyond me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited November 2007
    Ok, I recently had a similar problem when using the driver provided by microsoft for my AG530 from dlink. I got Microsofts driver, and it threw me in a BSOD loop of IRQL. Might want to try the first version of the driver.
  • edited November 2007
    It's worth a shot. I'm getting tired of having to internet in safe mode. The screen resolution is killing me. I'll give it a try.
  • edited November 2007
    No good. I even tried disabling the card and booting up to see if it was a program other than the connection going bad. But no; as soon as I enable the wireless BSOD. :<
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited November 2007
    Well I further inspected the card that gave me bluescreens and I look at the last 6 pins on the second side, and three of them are burned. Maybe that's why it gave me problems.