7900gt pixel problem

OperatorOperator England
edited November 2007 in Hardware
Hi, I have a 7900 gt which has been great for over a year now. However, recently, I have been getting major graphical glitches in the games I have been playing, you know the "uncapped polygon" that goes for miles. I would also get random BSoD's, with Microsofts excellent explaination about it being down to a corrupted driver...

Anyways, I found that problem out, and that was the card running to hot, so i cleaned out the HSF, which was full of clogged dust. Now I no longer get the BSoD's, but still get the "uncapped polygon" glitch and recently noticed a weird pixel problem whilst watching videos. Imagine a stuck pixel, then imagine that you can move this single pixel around your screen leaving a trail of stuck pixels everywhere. Its like a friggin etch-a-sketch lol, i can even erase everything by moving the window off the screen.
Its definately a gfx cards issue, not monitor as they even show up on screenshots. The temperatures are idle 52c and load 60c. Im running the latest driver for all my devices.
So, did i fix it tooo late? Is it a dud? or does anyone know of a fix for it?
Thanks all in advance

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Can you try another graphics card to verify hardware failure?
  • OperatorOperator England
    edited November 2007
    No, unfortunatly this is the only PCI-e gfx cards I have
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Can you try putting the card into another slot?
  • OperatorOperator England
    edited November 2007
    Hmm, havent thought of that before but worth a try, thanks, ill try it out now.

If it is the actual card and its unfixable, can you recommend a replacement. Ive been looking at the 8600GT which retails over here for about £75 (US $150). Its the XFX Tripple X 'XXX' version. I dont want to spend stupid money on a card that cant even play Crysis on max settings. So im just looking for a good replacement which is cheap and has good cooling, maybe a second bay exhaust like the GTS/GTX models.
    Any suggestions?