Wolfenstein 3D hi-res graphics set

breakdown84breakdown84 Around town
edited November 2007 in Hardware
So I downloaded a hi-res graphics pack for use with NewWolf an OpenGL port of Wolfenstein website is http://newwolf.sourceforge.net/ the graphics are stored in a Quake pak and the files themselves are tga. From what I can tell these textures are drawn at 128x128. One thing I noticed is that not "all" graphics were re-drawn, I didn't expect that anyway. Therefore I decided to see if I could convert some textures that weren't included in the hi-res pack to 128x128 and insert them into the Quake Pak file where the other textures were stored. So first I exported a texture that "had not" been re-drawn, via Flo Edit in bmp format then I used Sprite Maker to convert the 64x64 texture to 128x128 after this I converted the texture to tga then inserted it into the Quake Pak files. I fired up Wolfenstein only to be disappointed that it only looked marginally better than before and that the textures that I downloaded originally looked a whole heck of a lot better. So my question is how do I so called "continue" this project and convert images that aren't already in the pack to the same quality or whatever. My goal basically is finish the images DarkOne(the creator) didn't convert and make them match the others as if they had been in there all along. By the way if I'm wrong about size(128x128) please let me know because I think that I may be. If so just let me know what tools I'm going to need and how to do this task. In case it's helpful, I used PakExplorer to view the files. Before I forget, the file is in the download section which will take you to sourceforge.net and then you can download it under the data files section (obviously it's labled Hi-Res textures pack). Thanks for any help.

EDIT: If possible I would also like to eventually convert all enemy sprites and objects to the hi-res quality shown in the pak. Probably would use the same tools and need to know the same things but if there is something different I'd need to know about, then please let me know as well.