Nero InCD causing MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS Stop error

godzilla525godzilla525 Western Pennsylvania Member
edited November 2007 in Hardware
STOP 0x44 (0x[varies], 0xd63, 0x0, 0x0). Looking this one up seems to suggest that two drivers are in contention over the CD-RW drive, or possibly the UDF file system.

InCD (v4.3.23.2) also breaks my 11g wireless connection sometimes after booting up.

I don't get it. I run essentially the same software on another machine and InCD only craps out if I put a blank in another drive while one is in the process of formatting.

I tried that trick about installing InCD in Win2K compatibility mode but it didn't make any difference.

I don't use packet-writing software that often except if I'm having hard drive issues somewhere and running low on space overall (like right now), or if I just want to periodically back up email stores.

It's funny how this works. I already killed IMAPI, but if I install InCD, it hits the fan with a STOP error if I put in a UDF 1.5 CD-RW. If I uninstall InCD, everything goes back to normal.

The ZoneAlarm forum had a post from someone who had this problem crop up with v7.0.480.000. If it is this, it would explain why the wireless tanks. I don't know what a software firewall would be doing poking around with UDF.

I should also point out that the computer which has a functional InCD only has ZoneAlarm v7.0.337.000, which right now seems to be the glaring difference between the machine that works and the one that doesn't.

I'm going to try to revert/uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if that fixes it....

Comments

• godzilla525godzilla525 Western Pennsylvania Member
    edited November 2007
    Bingo. It's perfect now. Do not install ZoneAlarm 7.0.480.000 and InCD at the same time.

Looks like I might be after a different free software firewall if they don't get this fixed within a revision or two.