my computer dilema AS MUCH INPUT AS POSSIBLE PLEASE

edited November 2007 in Hardware
so its christmas time soon, and my ever lasting hope for getting a new computer is right around the corner. I dont want to spend to much but i want the most out of the money i spend. my toss up is between:

Acer notebook includes intel centrino duo processor technology featuring intel core 2 duo processor T5250 (also comes with a printer)$699
Specs: 2gb ram
160 gb hard drive
17'' display
dvd+- rw drive
802.11 a/bg wireless lan

Toshiba with AMD turion 64 x2 dual-core mobile technology
2048 mb ddr2 memory
200 gb hard drive
reads and writes dual layers dvd's and cd's
labelflash disc labeling technology 15.4 TruBrite widescreen $699

gateway with AMD turion 64 x2 dual-core mobile technology 1 gb ddr2 memory 160gb hard drive slot loading drive reads and writes dual layer dvd's and cd's 14.1'' ultrabright widescreen $599

acer intel pentium dual core processor 2 gb ddr2 memory 160 gb hardrive reads and writs dual layer 14.1 '' crystalBrite widescreen$549

hp pavillion laptop feautues amd turion 64 x2 dual core mobile technology Tl-58 2 gig memory and 160 gig hard drive, next gen wireless N+a/b/g
burns and plays dvd's and cd's $699 or smae thing with 17 inch monitor and 1 gig memory

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Out of that mixture, I would get the toshiba.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited November 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Out of that mixture, I would get the toshiba.

Agreed. Could also be paying an additional 10-20%+ more in shipping and/or tax + warranty agreement on any of those.

Also personally partial to Toshiba ... :) .
  • edited November 2007
    well i'll be buying it for that exact price. wont have any tax in new hampshire =) . purchasing it from bestbuy no idea what they charge for warranty's
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    :topic:

New Hampshire!. Hello from a former Vermonter :cheers:

Used to love the New Hampshire no sales tax status.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2007
    I'd get the HP. I've had nothing but bad experiences with Acer and Toshiba laptops.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited November 2007
    fatcat wrote:
    :topic:

New Hampshire!. Hello from a former Vermonter :cheers:

Used to love the New Hampshire no sales tax status.

You wouldnt like Quebec (canada) then lol

We have a 15% tax (well one 7% tax and one 6% tax or something like that, but thats a ~15% total) on almost everything we buy. :sad2:
    edited November 2007
    GooD wrote:
    You wouldnt like Quebec (canada) then lol

We have a 15% tax (well one 7% tax and one 6% tax or something like that, but thats a ~15% total) on almost everything we buy. :sad2:

[Cough]7%+6%=13%[/cough]

Also next year in Canada (though maybe not you Quebecers) it drops to 12% when the GST drops down to 5%
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited November 2007
    Nah, its effectively 6% and 7%, but the 7% does apply on the (price + 6%), wich lead to a bit more than 13% and sounds more like a ~15% ;)

PRICE YOU PAY in Quebec = ( (PRICE + 6%) + 7% of the result )

I think we (Quebec) are the most taxed in all Canada =/ But i may be wrong. And even if we really are, im not proud of it lol
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Qeldroma wrote:
    Also personally partial to Toshiba ... :) .
    Agreed ..excluding the A70 to A75 series they made/make solid laptops.
    edited November 2007
    GooD wrote:
    Nah, its effectively 6% and 7%, but the 7% does apply on the (price + 6%), wich lead to a bit more than 13% and sounds more like a ~15% ;)

PRICE YOU PAY in Quebec = ( (PRICE + 6%) + 7% of the result )

I think we (Quebec) are the most taxed in all Canada =/ But i may be wrong. And even if we really are, im not proud of it lol

East coast gets it worse then you guys.