"Clan" battle?

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2007 in Team Fortress 2
I'd like to organize an actual clan battle. I think we've been playing cohesively together long enough to try to have some fun with another clan.

I propose a 12-on-12 match on Warpath, Gravel Pit, and 2Fort.

The only clan that comes to mind is Bombsquad - we've been playing with those guys long enough to know that they are a cool bunch who would give us a good run for our money. Other clans we've played with and are friends with are TFO and ERW, but as far as I know Bombsquad fits the bill because they are big enough to have 12 players be able to play at the same time and we've known them almost since day 1 (scottybones!!!)

The questions that spring to mind: How do we determine which 12 of us get to play? And do we have prizes or something? How do we make it worth it? How much do we practice before the match?

Thoughts?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    As someone who used to clan a <i>lot</i> in the Quake2/HL1 days, it was run like this:

The team leader (You) arbitrarily picked the people desired, <i>and</i> picked what classes people would play to ensure success.

The team leader also had a few scrims with as many clan members as possible on his server in the week leading up to the match. {IC} v. {IC}.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    lol pete you are such a dick ;D:p
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Sounds fun.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    cool. im in.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    sounds like fun, i'll make sure I have plenty of beer. :beer:
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I'd definitely be interested if I were one chosen... While I've played all classes to some extent, I've still logged the most hours with the medic... I think CB and I are probably the ones with the most medic hours in {IC}
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I was actually wondering if we'd have some sort of election for clan/community leaders. I mean there's a few that take TF2 a bit more seriously than just casual gameplay with friends. Setting up a hierarchy of {IC} or liasons to set up scrimmages for {IC} might be a good idea.

Off the top of my head, Prime and Eggroll(ed) would be top of the list.

Anyway, I'd be up for a match. The way it worked in my COD2 clan was a combination of rank (it was a sort of realism clan), time in grade/unit, playing ability/time, and whether they signed up in a "sign up" thread we had - in that order.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited November 2007
    Thrax's suggestion above is basically how the MMMugs get prepared for a clan match in CS:S, I'M available for cannon fodder to let the selected team get some practice. with the normal its later here in the UK proviso. also set a time for practice and check who is available, same for the battle no point picking folks for the team that can't guarantee attendance.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I'd be down with that.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    I'd be down with that.

What he said.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2007
    I would love to participate in a match. I guess I'd play medic since its serious bizness.

A couple of suggestions:

1) Play 8v8 games. It is hard to coordinate and commit to match times when you have more people (obviously). We have enough active members to play 8v8 practice sessions etc.

2) Will we enforce class limits? Some clans enforce the rule while other don't. It does change the flow of the match dramatically.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    If you do this, im open for teh picking!

I like playing demoman, heavy, pryo, and spy. Ive got more than twich the time logged at spy than any other class, followed by heavy and then pyro.