p4 820d
945psn intel classic board
4gb corsair xms 800 woops 675
8800gts 320mb
2x 320gb sata II hd's
2x samsung dvd+rw's
2x Samsung 20inch lcd's
Vista Ultimate 64 bit

The only things I will probably want to change is mobo and cpu. Maybe ram if needed. I am thinking about get the q6600 but not sure on the motherboard. Any recommendations? Oh yeah and I am going back to 32bit cause 64 is really sucking.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6.
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited November 2007
    Im sorry i have been out of the current stuff for a few months :sad2: Whats the difference between it and the GA-P35-DS4 cause I am not seeing one. Also I have read good things about the Asus P5K-E and Abit IP35 Pro so is there a reason for gigabyte? I will admit I lean a little towards asus cause I have always had great luck with them.

Oh yeah and also I will not be doing any overclocking at all.

One last thing as a side note. How is g.skill ram?
    edited November 2007
    P5K-E is good as well. The DQ6 is a better overclocker than the DS4, but since you won't be OCing, it's a crapshoot between the P5K-E and the DS4. They're both good board; you'll just have to read reviews and evaluate their bundles.

g.skill is good stuff. I just ordered 4GB of their PC8000 DDR2, should arrive tomorrow
    edited November 2007
    I think I am goign to get the asus cause I like asus. I just realized when I logged into newegg I have 675 xms ram (bought it a while ago) so I am gonna get some ddr2 800 I am thinking g.skill but I am confused on the two models. First one and then second one there is a $10 difference but timings are the same any ideas?

Also anyone know the better ram to get for the board I did a search but didnt see anything. Thrax u running 64bit?
    edited November 2007
    I would take the DQ6.

I avoid 64bit like the plague.
    edited November 2007
    any input on the ram?
    edited November 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    g.skill is good stuff. I just ordered 4GB of their PC8000 DDR2, should arrive tomorrow
    edited November 2007
    look at my links :tongue2:
    edited November 2007
    oops. :rolleyes2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098

Is better; lower voltage requirement. That's the only difference.
    edited November 2007
    ha ha i think i was editing the post when you posted a reply so dont worry. Thanks m8 I just ordered two of the ones you linked, w00t more ram.