Dual Monitor Help needed

SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
edited November 2007 in Hardware
Hi guys
Hope someone can help me out here!

I need to use 2 monitors - i have windows XP so the software side is sorted - My problem is hardware. I have an IBM ThinkCentre which is small form and only has AGP and PCI slots. IBM dont do AGP or PCI graphics cards for these, The onboard Graphics is ok, but is obviously only for 1 monitor!

Is there such a thing as a switch which will allow a single Video Port to double up to 2 Monitors. I know you can get one that duplicates the screens but does it work as a true Dual Monitor - Charts on one - apps on other - kind of thing!

Anything else you need to know - please dont hesitate to ask

Many thanks
Siggy

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2007
    No, no device that will act like you are thinking, it just creates a mirror image when it splits the signal.

You need to find an agp/pci video card that will fit into that case. You just need to find an older, smaller one. You may have to modify the bracket though so that it will fit.
  • JKKJKK
    edited November 2007
    Check out the DualHead2Go by Matrox
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited November 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    No, no device that will act like you are thinking, it just creates a mirror image when it splits the signal.

You need to find an agp/pci video card that will fit into that case. You just need to find an older, smaller one. You may have to modify the bracket though so that it will fit.

This is what i thought - but my supplier has an USB device that he claims willl do the job - I will get one and try it out!
    JKK wrote:

Thanks I will check that out too!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    JKK wrote:
    Yep....this will do it and it will not just be a split signal
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2007
    That's pretty cool. Found a Review on it seems decent, though at $170, pretty pricey.