My WoW Personal ad

edited December 2007 in Gaming
So...as much as I constantly bash wow, I have a bad hankering to play again, but I'd like to play with people at least I know from here. I am currently on a PvP server as a Dranei Shammy.....anyone still playing on ally side?

Comments

• broady81broady81 Member
    edited November 2007
    *puts his hand up, but then withdraws it, remembering his Gnome Warlock is long gone* :sad2:
  • steste Manchester , England
    edited November 2007
    Good broady

/me pats broady on the head

ste
  • edited November 2007
    yah....you live on the wrong side of the pond :)
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    lol @ alliance

if you really want some fun, come horde on korgath. we have the 2nd and third best raiding guilds on US and the 2nd best PvP guild (ironically the 1st and 4th raiding guilds are alliance on the same server, but theyre all engo heads O.O)
  • edited November 2007
    I'll have to seriously consider it Gate. Any particular classes that are short at all on the horde side? I prefer to play a healer just so ya know.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I thought this would be different.

Lvl 39 s/half-orc/m warrior seeks Lvl 30-40 s/elven/f mage for raids and long walks in Azeroth. Epic items and mount a plus.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Epic items and mount a plus.

That's what she said!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    nothing like an Epic Mount to enrich your WoW experience. Preferably not in the game though...:bigggrin:
  • edited November 2007
    lol charles.....now back to the topic at hand kthnx.
    edited November 2007
    cambrose wrote:
    I'll have to seriously consider it Gate. Any particular classes that are short at all on the horde side? I prefer to play a healer just so ya know.

healers are always good, but not holy palys...personally i like resto shamys the best. We are dangerously low on tanks, also. (Which is why i havent been tourd down by any group yet, and im only lvl 30 =D)
  • edited November 2007
    Short on tanks...huh? Are we talking warriors only or feral droods and prot pallies too?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Prot pallies.

AHAAHHAHALOLOLAHAHAHAH
    edited November 2007
    everything, if it can hold aggro then a group will take it. Im a prot warrior and ive never been turned down and every time i ask if te need a tank i always get back a YES!!!!
  • edited November 2007
    You know- my brother had a warlock that made a surprisingly good tank. He was an agility whore, though. It was such fun to kick the pants off Alliance pally pansies... almost makes me want to go back.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Prot pallies.

AHAAHHAHALOLOLAHAHAHAH

Hehe Tankadins....:rolleyes:
    edited November 2007
    alusdra wrote:
    You know- my brother had a warlock that made a surprisingly good tank. He was an agility whore, though. It was such fun to kick the pants off Alliance pally pansies... almost makes me want to go back.

Wait a sec....you must be confused....locks dont need agility...they get like a few armor for 1 agil aka worthless. Maybe you meant a druid tank that was an agi whore.
  • edited November 2007
    Agreed about the lock thing. I think I'm going to play on Korgath. My name is narn and I'm a drood.
  • edited December 2007
    See- that was the twisted genius of it. Agility-whore lock. I was a druid and a spirit whore, actually- so not confused. (Couldn't kill a thing, but give me one other person and I can keep them alive to kick the Alliance's butt). I mean, my warlock brother had more health than some warriors we grouped with. He looked like a lvl 30 newb, but he was a 70 ass-kicking doom machine.

Funny to watch him play, actually- he'd get so thrilled killing Alliance end-game guilder after Alliance twink with instant fear-bomb and mad DOTs- I think his record was maybe 8 at a time? Probably more... He actually cackled. No joke. Was pretty cool to see all those pansies crumpling like wet tissue paper, I admit... I may have cackled a bit, too. :D
  • edited December 2007
    Actually, ever since TBC and pally changes, prot paladins make quite good tanks (and are actually stupidly easy to play).

You wouldn't see paladins tanking Illidan or any serious raid dungeon (typically), but I'd happily take one for level 70 5man content and maybe even heroics depending on how well geared the pally is.

They're also amazing at keeping AOE aggro, which is an advantage they hold over warriors.

Although since last patch, Retadins > all. Oh the thick, delicious, irony.
    edited December 2007
    That's what I feel makes a Tankadin completely unusable as a tank. They're limited to 5 mans, SOME heroics, and 2-3 boss fights in the whole game. You can take a fire mage anywhere, you can take a prot warrior anywhere, you can take a Holy pally anywhere... But a protadin? The situation has to fit a protadin, the protadin doesn't fit the situation.

Retardins > ? .. Nothing. THey're still sketchy and streaky in PVP, and aren't higher DPS than any class in PVE.. sooo...
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited December 2007
    I loved tanking on my warrior... I've been itching to get back into it lately. This time bringing a friend or two with me should make things more fun.
    edited December 2007
    alusdra wrote:
    See- that was the twisted genius of it. Agility-whore lock. I was a druid and a spirit whore, actually- so not confused. (Couldn't kill a thing, but give me one other person and I can keep them alive to kick the Alliance's butt). I mean, my warlock brother had more health than some warriors we grouped with. He looked like a lvl 30 newb, but he was a 70 ass-kicking doom machine.

Funny to watch him play, actually- he'd get so thrilled killing Alliance end-game guilder after Alliance twink with instant fear-bomb and mad DOTs- I think his record was maybe 8 at a time? Probably more... He actually cackled. No joke. Was pretty cool to see all those pansies crumpling like wet tissue paper, I admit... I may have cackled a bit, too. :D

Locks have always have high HP. And they are overpowered POS class that rely on fear, pets, casting DoTs while not even facing their damn target.....the list goes on and on...
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, and now Hunters can purge like shamans, and shoot MS warriors at people if they're not LOLMYCATISRED spec'd. It used to be Warriors that were OP, then Rogues, then Mages, then Hunters, then Warlocks, then Hunters again, etc.

It's a constant cycle.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited December 2007
    I always found it kind of funny that I got into warriors when they were about to get nerfed. You should have seen the class forums, it was like the world was going to end when our rage generation was nerfed. It actually made me kinda proud of myself when I stuck through it even though warlocks and hunters were raping my face. :aol:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Well, nothing beats a tankadin in Mount Hyjal though. You'll progress twice as fast with a tankadin than a warrior taking on the incredible amount fo trash before all bosses. It's actually enough to have a holy paladin as a tank on the first 16 trashpacks (8 before each boss) in Hyjal. And yes, Locks are overpowered in PVP at least. Latest fearward nerf/buff to priests made them even worse. A well geared Lock is actually awesome as a tank on most heroic 5-mans. That tells a bit how overpowered they are from more than just a pew-pew perspective. We laborated a bit with a retardin yesterday on Vashj and it was quite fun to have him on the middle killing the nagas. The aura he leaves around was really helpful.
  • edited December 2007
    well, I rerolled and now have a 65 BE hunter on Hydraxis and am leveling up a drood for tanking : )
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Alot of the time we have a protadin tanking in Karazhan, works a charm, although he's a kickass player with awesome style :D His threat gen is no problem and he's got so much armour that nothing can scratch him :P Although, apparently this was a fact pre TBC (early WoW I think) that at one point 65% of all Paladins were homosexual.