XHTML/CSS - Stretching Vertical Scale of Empty Divs

MikeybobMikeybob Middle o' Farmer Land
edited November 2007 in Internet & Media
Hey guys,

I'm a bit stuck on a certain part of a page design. I have three divs floating next to one another above a parent div. Each of these three divs has a background image that need to loop down the vertical scale of the entire parent div. Normally the answer would be to create a footer div set to clear left and right. However, this only works if the div has content inside. Because the left and right divs are empty columns, they don't stretch with the central content filled div.

The only way I can think of getting around the problem is to nest each of these three divs inside one another, the end nested div being the content div so its footer stretches its parent divs.

Is this a good solution, or is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Do you happen to have an example up somewhere I can look at?
  • MikeybobMikeybob Middle o' Farmer Land
    edited November 2007
    Thanks for the help, and I'm sorry for wasting your time, but I think I'll go with this structure :).

Basically, there were three column side-by-side that needed to have the same height and should all stretch vertically together? Does that make sense? I was just wondering if instead of having three side-by-side column divs I should just nest them inside one another.

Thanks anyway :D