New client or something?

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited December 2007 in Folding@Home
My client keeps going to sleep because downloading the core is failing... it's been doing this for 5 days, apparently. Did the client recently expire again or something?

This is what I keep getting:

CoreStatus = 63 (99)
* Error starting Folding@Home core.

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2007
    No idea. I get that at work. I can't download cores but I can get WUs. The client starts, sees the WU but never starts the core and I get the same error.

If the client is old it wont even get to that point, it opens and closes immediately.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited December 2007
    Are you using SMP under Vista?

Reference Link

According to FAH Wiki, you have an installation and/or permissions problem somewhere- possibly it's not running or installed under an admin account.

If you're using Vista- it's the dem UAC. It can also be you're running in the Program Files directory- put it on a different partition (if you can) or folder.

BTW- The folding Community forum (a large source for me) is in very bad shape and may have lost a lot of this info. I suggest a reinstall.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    63 (99) is a permissions error. Just rerun your install.bat and it'll fix itself. The process I take that hasn't failed me yet is to switch into the administrator account, run the install.bat, give it your main account's name and password, and then switch back and run your fah.exe. Always worked for me.