Render Mac vs PC

edited December 2007 in Internet & Media
Best mac vs Best pc
Which is faster at graphic/video rendering? I heard that Mac doesn't take full of advantage of graphic cards for the render process, so does that make them slower? Does PC take advantage of cpu and graphic card to the fullest while rendering?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    What program?
  • edited December 2007
    vectorworks. cad
    edited December 2007
    They offer numerous CAD-oriented products. Which specific product?
  • edited December 2007
    Im not too sure but i just order a copy of the free version of vectorworks 2008 for students.
    edited December 2007
    I would say it's probably faster on a PC, and that's not my Mac-hate talking. It appears the program was first released on PC, therefore one can reasonably assume that more development time has been put into the PC side. OS X is also inherently slower in multimedia tasks (Compared to XP) because it has so many peripheral things running to make Mac OS the pretty/convenient thing everyone loves.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I work in a Mac exclusive environment, we have Vectorworks 2008 installed on almost every computer (Which range from G4s, Macbook Pros, to the new 17" iMacs) and it runs capably. In terms of speed for rendering, it will render quicker on your PC, the same is true for most Autocad products (Especially Lightscape in AutoCad.)
  • edited December 2007
    Hey Nomad what do you do for a living?
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Vintage86 wrote:
    Hey Nomad what do you do for a living?

I'm a student at the University of Michigan, but my job is an assistant to the systems administrator for the drama department here. I also do commercial 3D work.