Recommendation wanted: Ipod converter

vanagon40vanagon40 Indiana Member
edited December 2007 in Science & Tech
I'm looking for software to convert DVDs to Ipod video (mp4).

I have DVD ripper and I do not mind a two-step process. Speed is not that important, but I do not want a converter that requires an internet connection.

I have tried videora (red kawa) and had problem with timing out and also unmatched audio (the audio was about 2X the speed of the video).

I tried Jodix and it cut the end off my video that was over 90 minutes.

Although free would be ideal, I would be willing to pay for a quality converter.

Maybe I am doing something wrong with the above. I probably need something simple and easy to use.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    This is illegal in the United States. We can't help you here.
  • vanagon40vanagon40 Indiana Member
    edited December 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    This is illegal in the United States. We can't help you here.

Not exactly true. It would only be illegal to make copies of copyrighted works.

There is an argument to be made that after purchasing a copy of a copyrighted work, the purchaser could reformat the work so long as only one copy of the work is used. I do not believe that would be a valid exception to the copyright laws, but I am not sure if there are any judicial rulings on this point.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    That is false. Any circumvention of anti-copy protections (In this case: Macrovision and/or CSS for DVD) is a violation of the DMCA, and is illegal as of 2000.

Sorry. :\
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    FWIW, the original post never said what type of dvd. People do make home videos but the OP screwed it up and made his intentons clear with his reply.

Remember kids, be as vague as possible with your posts. ;)
    edited December 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    That is false.

What is false?

I clearly stated: "I do not believe that would be a valid exception to the copyright laws . . . ." (emphasis supplied)
    edited December 2007
    PS: In all sincerity, I apologize if my original post was out of line. I was not my intent to violate the terms of this site (or even the spirit of those terms).