Powernotebooks.com experiences

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited December 2007 in Hardware
I've been meaning to do this for a while; I wanted to share three experiences I've had with powernotebooks.com's customer support (myself, my sister, and a friend all have laptops from there).

1) My dog chewed through my power cord (wasn't plugged in, thankfully). I e-mail them and ask if it's possible to buy just the cord half of the power brick, because the whole thing new is like $80 (I'd been looking around). The next day, I get a call at lunch from one of their sales reps asking "if it would be alright" to simply send me a replacement for free. Nice.

2) My sister's laptop's hard drive died, giving an error message during boot. I called them and a fellow with a slight southern accent answered. The conversation lasted 2 minutes (there was zero hold time) and a new hard drive was on its way with packaging included to send the old one back. Rock.

3) My friend's computer started gliching shortly after he got it. He called them, and after a brief conversation they decided it was probably the memory and they were going to ship him a replacement immediately. Later, maybe the next day, he gets a call back. To paraphrase what the rep told him: "Ya know, we were just talking about your problem over lunch and it seems to us this configuration is having trouble with that brand of memory, so we're going to upgrade you to the Corsair for free and send that along instead." I'm sorry... did you say that customer support team discussed my problem over their lunch? :cool:

Conclusion: scrrreeewwww buying laptops from anyone else. :D

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    That's awesome. Customer service means a HUGE amount to me. When I need a new notebook, that's where I'm headed.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    SHILL!

BANNNNN!

Great to hear of outstanding customer service, though.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    My experience with Sagernotebooks has been similar.

One of my friends got a free upgrade on his CPU due to a delay in shipping, and my brother was getting personal phonecalls to work out payment options for his own notebook.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited December 2007
    Sagers are simply excellent- pricey but definitely top-drawer.

A powernotebooks.com experience