Phenom V. Q6600

edited December 2007 in Hardware
So..I know this is going to start a huge fight, but I was wondering what you folks were thinking about he new AMD chip in comparison to the q6600. I know the current architecture is jacked, but that is supposed to be fixed by early next year. I got another job and I'm going to build a nice new pc with some paychecks from it (yay) so I'm doing build prelims so I can get an idea about how much I am going to spend. Thanks all

-Cambrose

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited December 2007
    We've discussed this a lot in other threads with reviews from other sites, and bottom line is that an equivalent Phenom does not out-perform the Q6600 in just about every category. However, we suspect that AMD will have to price the Phenom accordingly.

If you're going to Fold- the Q6600 remains the better bargain (by far from what we see).

But stay tuned as price-performance could get entertaining (and possibly quite rewarding) between these two in the very near future :) .
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Phenom sucks, for just about everything.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I'm at the same crossroad as you cambrose but I think I'll be going Intel from what I seen. It's very discouraging how far behind AMD really is. :( I'm just waiting for another price drop or two, hopefully AMD can at least pull the pricing down a little when the quirks get ironed out.