Proxies

edited December 2007 in Internet & Media
I have some questions...

Does anyone know of a safe & reliable proxy to use for internet usage? If so, could you tell me what it is & how to use it?

Thanks!

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2007
    Why do you want to use a proxy?
  • edited December 2007
    I want to use it for safer internet browsing.
    edited December 2007
    No such thing as safe browsing. The proxie logs who passed through it.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    If he's anything like me, he'd want one for being able to view sites that schools think should be blocked, even though it's totally fine >.> Like the letter "s" on it's own has a webfilter on it ¬_¬ www.proxify.net used to be a good one... til they blocked it >.>
  • edited December 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    No such thing as safe browsing. The proxie logs who passed through it.

I said SAFER browsing. What I want to do is connect to domains by proxy.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    It's not totally safe, but it's better that a proxy server you know you're using logs who's going there than an unwanted/unknown site.
    edited December 2007
    I said SAFER browsing. What I want to do is connect to domains by proxy.

That doesn't even make sense. What is it your trying to do. There is no benefit of going through a proxy in most cases. The proxy won't make you safter, it's not going to filter content unless you are specifically looking for a proxy that is filtering content, which generally you have to pay for access to.

The only real use a proxy has is if you are trying to get to content only viewable by a certain geographical location. For example Channel 4 (a English TV channel) puts up netcasts of some of their shows, but it's only viewable for people in Europe, so if you go through a European proxie you can watch it.