Steam detected multilple IP for my acct??

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited December 2007 in Gaming
I get up for work and saw this message come through at 5:17am...see attachment.

WTH!?!?

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    I get up for work and saw this message come through at 5:17am...see attachment.

WTH!?!?
    edited December 2007
    Wow, steam support infuriates me!!! I waited until I got to work to inquire about this message. Sign into the steampowered webpage, created an incident report and attached the pic of the message I recieved. It then took me to a page to create a new account???? When I enter my credentials, it tells me my username is already being used!!! Obviously I already have an account as I entered the area for account problems. Why would I be filling out an account incident report without an already established account?!?!
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited December 2007
    With my past experience with Steam Support (Leaded to me contacting a lawyer), you're better off changing your password to a 32 character hash and ignoring that message. Getting Steam to do anything is like waiting for water to freeze in an oven.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    That is a scam designed to get your password. Just ignore it. I just got one two days ago.

NO STEAM EMPLOYEE WOULD EVER REQUIRE YOUR PASSWORD FOR ANYTHING.

I just reported the account that it came from, that's all.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Steamphishing.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Indeed. Note the "never give your password to anyone" message right above the message asking for your password. :P
    edited December 2007
    Never would I have given my creds over the chat. Since you recieved the same message prime, I will just ignore it as well. Thx guys.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    i had it this morning as well. :shakehead