Free Halflife2 w/9800?

W4R-H1LDW4R-H1LD Chesterfield VA
edited November 2009 in Hardware
I think that I read a post here about getting a free copy of Half life 2 with the purchase of a 9800xt/9800 pro. I went to Best Buy on the day after thanksgiving ...ohhh boy talk about crowded omg...anyways I saw that they did have a little flyer posted by the vid cards now is this a special deal for Best Buy alone? Im curious because I bought mine thru Circuit City and Id love to get a free copy...hell who wouldnt huh? Does anyone know more info on this free Half Life 2 deal?:scratch:

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I know you get one free with the 9600 XTs. but basically, when you bought it there should have been something written on the box or some kind of ticket or something to indicate that you get a free copy.

NS
  • W4R-H1LDW4R-H1LD Chesterfield VA
    edited November 2003
    I would think that would be a key selling point imo. I didnt see any info on free copy anywhere =/ but that could be due to the fact of lazy employees ..haha who knows. Was wondering if this was a promotion from ATI or just an agreement between Valve and Best Buy or Valve and ATI ? Just a reach I guess but it would be awsome to get a free copy no doubt!!!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    i am getting two! a friend gave me his ticket for it when it comes out and i just bought a new 9600xt!
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    ATi made a deal with Valve Software to give away a free copy of Half Life 2 with the 9600/9800 XT Series Video Cards. It's old news.....
    edited November 2003
    well my friend got one with his 9600 AIW
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    *Some* vendors/manufacturers are giving HL2 with non-XT's but I don't recall offhand who.
    edited November 2003
    newegg did
  • edited November 2009
    newegg did

Oh wait... I'm six years behind... ... nevermind.