Sweet idea for a TF2 map/mod

WinfreyWinfrey waddafuhMissouri Icrontian
edited December 2007 in Team Fortress 2
You know how on UT2k4 you had a survival option where you ran around trying to survive and kill all the monsters. Well they should get that for TF2. Have like waves of guys show up, some are strong against certain classes and weak against others. Like a pyro monster or a grenade launchin' 2ft. tall cyclops or something. (be creative as you want with the baddies)

Anyway the goal is to survive all the waves and not lose. You can have stuff like teammates respawn after successful wave, etc. But thats the gist of it. I think it would be a blast. SO MODDERS GET TO WORK PLZ!

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I like the idea that was mentioned one night about loading up the map duel, everyone being a scout only using the pistol. Maybe have the 10 paces standoffs old west style whatever.

A couple night ago there was 4 {IC} guys on 2fort and we all went medic against eachother, that was fun til the server started to fill up. ;)
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    fatcat wrote:
    I like the idea that was mentioned one night about loading up the map duel, everyone being a scout only using the pistol. Maybe have the 10 paces standoffs old west style whatever.

A couple night ago there was 4 {IC} guys on 2fort and we all went medic against eachother, that was fun til the server started to fill up. ;)

Ya that was pretty fun. But of course when we started to have good random fun the server got full. I was happy when I was able to take down a sentry with the needle gun though.
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    You know how on UT2k4 you had a survival option where you ran around trying to survive and kill all the monsters. Well they should get that for TF2. Have like waves of guys show up, some are strong against certain classes and weak against others. Like a pyro monster or a grenade launchin' 2ft. tall cyclops or something. (be creative as you want with the baddies)

Anyway the goal is to survive all the waves and not lose. You can have stuff like teammates respawn after successful wave, etc. But thats the gist of it. I think it would be a blast. SO MODDERS GET TO WORK PLZ!

Modding isn't available for orange box games yet. Hopefully they get an update out soon so people can start doing something. Because that would be fun.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    that would be great, especially if the last wave was a single giant uber boss =D and it would alter the number of people in the waves based on server population.

I would personally like a custom skin for the intelligence to actually make it A FLAG :honoes: