Browser skips or closes pages when using the back button

edited December 2007 in Internet & Media
Hey Guys,

I'm using the latest version of Firefox, I've encountered a problem which I can't take anymore. When surfing the net for example: start from my home page (page 1), click on to this site (page 2), then I'll click a sub forum (page 3). Once I click back on the browser it goes from (page 3) to (page 1) skipping (page 2). This happens around 50-60% of the time. Or if I have 2 windows open and again if I click back on one browser it will terminate both windows.

This is becoming very annoying, and making it very hard to surf.

I've ran my anti-virus program (AVG), many spyware and adware programs and everything comes back clean. I tried a different browser "Opera" and it also skips pages back as well.

I've searched for info regarding this on google and came up with nothing.

Any help would be great!!
Thanks,
Anthony

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited December 2007
    Do you have a mouse with a backbutton, or are you just clicking the back button?
  • edited December 2007
    I'm clicking the back button on the screen.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2007
    Some page you can't go back to depending on how the page is created, so that could explain some of the issues.

One thing you could check is instead of using the back button hit your backspace key and see if that does the same thing.
  • thefadedlinethefadedline Manchester, England
    edited December 2007
    It could be your mouse. I had a similar problem a while ago and it turned out my mouse needed a little cleaning up. Dust was somehow making it do a double-click every time I clicked somewhere.

Try clicking other things, like the play/pause button in Media Player, or skip track and see what happens.
  • edited December 2007
    Bingo!!!

Yesterday I was thinking it could be the mouse also. So I took it apart cleaned the scrolling wheel, lots of dirt and lint stuck to the inside of the wheel. Once everything was cleaned including the buttons, I put it back together and the mouse is working perfect.

No more double clicking.
  • thefadedlinethefadedline Manchester, England
    edited December 2007
    God I rule.