My Contribution to the SMx

steste Manchester , England
edited December 2007 in Folding@Home
i'm thinking, $20USD for a <name>@icrontician.com email address with 5GB storage

all monies goes towards the SMx project
ste

Now playing: Within Temptation - [Álbum Desconocido (23/10/2006 22:55:56) #04] Remix Restless

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2007
    I'd do it. I know some people have ic emails, or at least had s-m emails so its out there.
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited December 2007
    I'm in too, but is there any other suggestions for a different domain ? Registered it yet Ste ?
  • steste Manchester , England
    edited December 2007
    nope not yet

ste
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2007
    Why not just setup a google apps page, it's free and use that for your email, and whatever else?
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    id prolly use it, even though mt @gamerarmy.com was 20 bucks (but it came with other things =))

maybe you could to an "icrontic uberbundle", which included like a team 93 shirt, @icrontic.com email address, and an achievement for it?
    edited December 2007
    it would be a security risk to sell @icrontic.com emails.

e.g. guy gets email, sends email along lines of: "Hi, im staff, send password please"

ste
    edited December 2007
    true... @icrontian.com is goo too
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    how about xxx @ Team93?
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited December 2007
    how about xxx @ Team93.xxx
    fixt hehe :bigggrin:
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited December 2007
    Yea, I like that one better actually :smiles: will poke ste into registering it :wink:
    edited December 2007
    I will sort this, and register Domain(s?)

IF(Admin.Approval()==TRUE)
    {
    RegisterDomains();
    }

[god i need to get off coding]

ste
    edited December 2007
    rgr, *grabs poking sitq*
    edited December 2007
    ste wrote:
    I will sort this, and register Domain(s?)

IF(Admin.Approval()==TRUE)
    {
    RegisterDomains();
    }

[god i need to get off coding]

ste

vb.net > c, c++ and c# PUT TOGETHER =p

if world.shape.round = true then
    string.format("Gate28 is the most amazing man on earth")
    else
    string.format("everyone is dead")
    people.selected.terminate
    endif
    edited December 2007
    actuly that was java
    edited December 2007
    ste wrote:
    actuly that was java

pfft, im still just only learning vb.... curse slow, inexperienced code teachers!
    edited December 2007
    :p
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    guys, whoa... brakes...

Okay, if anybody is going to sell anything with any icron*.* anything attached to it, it has to be ShortMedia, LLC (our corporation - the one that owns the name Icrontic and all related properties). While we truly appreciate the efforts and the sentiment, we ask that anything done in our name be done by us. This is a business after all, and any commerce that goes down, even if done with the intention of charitable donations, must legally be done by us. Plus, we really would rather retain control of all brand material - specifically anything resembling our name or that could be construed as having come from ShortMedia, LLC.

Let's just say Icrontic™, and all properties herein are trademark ShortMedia, LLC. ;)
    edited December 2007
    guys, whoa... brakes...

Let's just say Icrontic™, and all properties herein are trademark ShortMedia, LLC. ;)

All uses of "PrimeSuspect", ""Keebs", "SM", "the", "IC", or any other word mention in ICRONTIC forums are trademakred Icrontic All right reserved and reserves the right to punishment byond the law.
    edited December 2007
    guys, whoa... brakes...

Okay, if anybody is going to sell anything with any icron*.* anything attached to it, it has to be ShortMedia, LLC (our corporation - the one that owns the name Icrontic and all related properties). While we truly appreciate the efforts and the sentiment, we ask that anything done in our name be done by us. This is a business after all, and any commerce that goes down, even if done with the intention of charitable donations, must legally be done by us. Plus, we really would rather retain control of all brand material - specifically anything resembling our name or that could be construed as having come from ShortMedia, LLC.

WHA party pooper :p

feel like setting this up?

ste
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Not really right now. We're talking about things to do to get people email addresses, but it's not a top priority right now.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    guys, whoa... brakes...

...been waiting for this post...:wink:

So I guess I should not be selling those Icrontic Stocks anymore .........:bigggrin:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I want my money back...
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited December 2007
    I want my money back...

I think you'll just have to sell "short".