Requesting Access to write an Article

Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
edited December 2003 in Internet & Media
I'm interested in writing a beginners guide to PHP for people here at S-M. Is there a specific procedure I should follow?

Comments

• SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited November 2003
    Get Published on Short-Media

Short-Media wants front page material from YOU!

You’ve been around the forums, you’ve read the front pages, and you have the knowledge. Why not “formally” present some of it to the world?

Short-Media is looking for articles penned by members of our own forum crew. These can be about tips, mods, reviews of your own products, guides, or any other topic you think would be fit. Awesome members are what make any site like this one great. We want to give all of you the opportunities you deserve.

You don’t need to be a Shakespeare or Einstein to get involved. We’ll help guide you through the process if you like. Everyone is a beginner at some point! There are no deadlines or specific assignments. You can discuss concepts and ideas with the staff by sending a private message to General Keebler. If you would like to make a submission for review, attach it to an e-mail and send it to Matt at generalkeeblerNOSPAM@short-media.com (minus the NOSPAM). He will be more than happy to work with you to help develop the organization, flow, and semantics of your work.

You may make submissions in either HTML or Word document format. For requirements, see the list below.

Please make use of this great opportunity to have your work read by your peers across the internet. Take the first step, and start those words flowing :)

Requirements for Non-HTML submissions:
    <UL><LI>Submit work in a Word document, formatted with a zipped folder of images.
    <LI>Do not insert images into the document. Instead, make a note in the text where images are to go. (i.e. Insert image outside_case.jpg here
    <LI>Please use descriptive names (not image1.jpg) and do not use spaces when naming your image files. </UL>Requirements for HTML submissions:
    <UL><LI>Submit work in a single HTML page. Note page breaks using the < newpage > tag (no spaces).
    <LI>There is no need to format, so please do not.
    <LI>Please zip the folder containing HTML page and images.
    <LI>Please send raw shots as a separate file zipped so that we may recompress or adjust image characteristics (EG brightness, contrast or mounting on backgrounds). </UL>General Requirements:
    <UL><LI>All work must be original and all sources must be properly cited.
    <LI>Image dimensions must have a ratio of 4:3 and must be 430-450 pixels wide.
    <LI>All images must have the same width. (e.g. if you compress the first one to 440 pixels, please make every photo 440 pixels wide). </UL>Did you make it through all that technical stuff? Now start jotting down those thoughts and maybe you’ll soon see your own name on the front page. :cool:
  • Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
    edited November 2003
    Yeah...easy to meet those requirements.
    Where do I send to when im finished?
    edited November 2003
    edited November 2003
    Gotcha...I'll have the article all done by sunday/monday...Is there a length limit on how long I can make it?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Josh- had this to say
    Gotcha...I'll have the article all done by sunday/monday...Is there a length limit on how long I can make it?

Nope :D

You may get special treatment if you can beat MediaMan... I think we have one of his that is over 30 pages long :eek:
    edited November 2003
    Shorty had this to say

Nope :D

You may get special treatment if you can beat MediaMan... I think we have one of his that is over 30 pages long :eek:

Well,

there is a lot you can write about PHP :)

*evil grin*
    maybe..just maybe,..maybe I can break that record..

:ninja:

*switches font to size 72*
    j/k
    ;D
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited November 2003
    It was actually 31 pages. :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    MediaMan had this to say
    It was actually 31 pages. :)

Depending on content management system...

It could be any number of pages.. that was a rounded average ;D

Wouldn't have been so bad, but it was suppose to be a short review about led fans.. where the hell did you manage to get 31 pages out of that??! :eek:
    edited November 2003
    I went into a chemical and spectral analysis of the plastic that the frame was made from. I mean you don't want one of these things melting inside an overclocked PC do you?

;D
    edited November 2003
    31...ugh

Watch me type my whole article to 32 pages and have my computer crash....-.-witout saving..
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2003
    Word auto saves.;)
    edited November 2003
    That would be a good thing, considering how ****ty my computer is. :D
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited November 2003
    Buy AMD next time.
    Josh- had this to say
    edited November 2003
    a2jfreak had this to say
    Buy AMD next time.

Josh- had this to say

I think he did, considering that he states "Buying Intel Supports Terrorism." :D
    edited November 2003
    a2jfreak had this to say
    Buy AMD next time.

'
    '
    Proud owner of Athlon AMD XP1900+, thank you very much.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, I kinda figured. Just trying to add some dry humor . . . perhaps it was a tad too dry.
    SimGuy had this to say
    I think he did, considering that he states "Buying Intel Supports Terrorism." :D

Josh- had this to say

Proud owner of Athlon AMD XP1900+, thank you very much.
    edited November 2003
    My Home Theatre PC article was 43 pages. :eek2: Course that was a five part series.

"Buying Intel supports terrorism"

Love it. They should put that on cigarette packages too. "Buying Intel gives your kids cancer."
    edited December 2003
    Should make a truth commercial about intel.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Hey... I haven't found anything in my inbox... ;)
    edited December 2003
    I know..I've been reprogramming the newest version of tForum for my site, and redesigning it all. You wouldn't believe how many security problems and parse errors they made...ugh.